What Is Your Typical Week Like Now?

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

If you've left or are discontinuing the Witness life, what are you doing now? What's a typical week day or weekend like for you?

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Life is a lot simpler and quieter now. No more phone calls from "the friends." And, it takes a while to build friendships outside the org. Weekend mornings are the best. I'll be poking around the house sipping coffee when the JWs are busy at it.

• minimus
    minimus

WELCOME BOB NC, Isn't it funny how the telephone now only rings because of telemarketers and "worldly" friends?

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

Well between the drugs, alcohol and sex ... I would say I live pretty normal. Just kidding, that is just what the Witnesses think us Ex-Jw's are doing.

My thought

Dragon

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

A typical week for Lilacs.

Monday-work

Tuesday-work

Wednesday-work

Thursday-work

Friday-work

Saturday-work

Sunday-work

Think I can somehow fit a vacation in there somewhere? I'm always tired.

• Jesika
    Jesika

Well, since I lost my job and my boyfriend's vacation is about over I will once again be on the hunt for a job.

My days have been really layed back for some time, and am very thankful for that. I get up early afternoon, brush teeth, shower, and go downstairs and get online. I try and help those I know on SL or here if they are asking, and to help those who are new and asking for help or support. I find that very rewarding and have made many friends on different boards.

Weekends I have my son and so I spend time with him, and since he doesn't know what being a JW is our time is spent doing ANYTHING we want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the time we have and he is growing up so fast it simply amazes me.

I have a pretty stess free life for the first time in my life, due to a VERY supportive (non-JW-lol) boyfriend. He doesn't understand why I am so involved in Silentlambs, but supports me in ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING I do.

I love my life now and hope everyone does feel or will feel this way!!!!!!!! It has been a LONG road and a VERY bumpy one, but I have overcome alot and wouldn't take most of it back, because of the lessons I have learned. I have some regrets, but that stems from bad choices I made when I was working in clubs. I have grown from them and they will provide me with the information I may need in guiding my son when he becomes a teenager.

Loving Life Now,

Jesika

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

I work a minimum of 40 hours a week. Go to school fulltime. I try to fit in the gym 3-4 times a week. I am on a strict diet and am trying to find stuff I can cook for my diet. I really wouldn't have time for meetings right now even if I wanted to go. I leave my house around 7:30 and get home between 9pm-11pm except for mondays which is laundry day and I come home by 6pm.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Welcome Bob_NC!!!

Ah yes, a hot cup of coffee on a lazy Saturday morning. Not that I used to go out in FS on Saturday's, but now I can sit around on Saturday mornings with NO GUILT!!!!

I work 40 hours. I like my job and my coworkers. Leaving JW and realizing that JW's aren't the center of an unfolding universal drama has been great in helping me get along with people better. I don't have to look at them through my judgemental, gotta-witness-to-them-or-they're-gonna-die WT lenses.

I read a lot, spend time over at my sister's house (where I'm posting this right now). I do folk dancing with a Jewish dance group on Tuesday nights. I love it, I'm looking to get involved w/some other dance groups. There are a number of them in central Ohio.

I also play soccer in a recreational league, I'm not very good (I'm somewhat athletic but not very aggressive), but it's fun and good exercise.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Since I am off to work five days a week, I am busy during the day, doing work for someone else. But thats alright, because I need to work in order to support my husband in our efforts to be able to retire and not be a burden on our children. And, I enjoy using my skills. I find it challenging and mentally stimulating. It's a very good position, with much responsibility.

When I get home, there is no pressure to race to fix a meal, so that I can race out the door, to attend a meeting. It means I don't have to do a crash course on study materials, or prepare for a part on the MS. It means that I can chose to work and not feel guilty, and that I have time to myself, to think and ponder and reason. (meditate) I love to read or watch true stories and intellectual channels on TV, and all the Sci-Fi I want, and old re-runs of stuff that was taboo before. And, of course to go to the forum and explore the net.

I look forward to the weekend, because there are no "service" requirements pulling at me, no bible studies to teach, no convention to attend. I don't believe it's selfish to finally have time for myself. So much of my youth was caught up in meetings, service, taking care of my son, trying to stay married to a jerk, and still feeling guilty because it was never enough. I never had vacations. Trips to conventions were my only times to get away for awhile. But, they were exhausting, and then it would be back home, and back to work, and everyone else getting all my strength, with little left for me. Too tired to read or watch TV.

Then, I got "out", and remarried, a wonderful man with three young boys, which made four young boys instead of my one. Life was very hectic and busy, without being a JW, but I enjoyed it. I felt needed and appreciated. I had more time to prepare good meals and desserts. We took the kids to the beach at least once a year. I had never been to the beach, or seen so much of Maryland and Virginia, since the second relationship. I was such an isolated person.

I like my age now. The kids are grown. It's just the two of us. I feel sort of like I've paid my dues and now I can relax and not feel guilty. I chose to be employed. I chose what I'd like to do for recreation or vacation, and it's great. I finally got to fly on a plane by myself, and be gone for a whole week, by myself! No one to answer to but me. I can enjoy the grandbabies and then "return" them.

I have no complaints. Every day I am so thankful for the life I have and all the good things. It wasn't always like this, that's for sure.

I can relax if I want, or I can do housework if I want. The great weight is lifted from my shoulders. I feel a great freedom, especially since I've worked through my issues and can actually "live" life.

• jws
    jws

My life is a lot busier now than when I was a JW. But then again, when I was a JW, I only worked an 8-hour day and lived at home.

Now I've got a wife and child and other responsibilities and I work a lot more. I don't see how I could ever make meetings on time anymore. I don't see how I could give up a couple nights a week, plus my mornings on weekends.

I don't see how I could give up the time I have with my family to go through meetings and field service.

I think the JWs tear families apart with their busy schedules. I think my child is a lot closer to me than I ever was with my father because I can spend more time with her than my dad could with me. He had to prepare talks, count up the field service time for the hall, go to secret elder meetings, take secret phone calls, as well as a myriad of other elder choirs, and we all had to sit together for 5 hours at meetings, not talking with each other. Some Christian family example!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit