Questions for Creationists

by IronGland 184 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

xander says

IOW, you don't care about the answers, and you believe anything anyone tells you?

I mean, really, think about that answer. 'Faith is enough'. Faith from where? Where did that faith REALLY come from? From the interpretations given to you by some pastor or minister or whatnot somewhere?

Why do you believe THAT over anything science or even common sense shows?

Because it gives you a 'feel good' answer about the afterlife? Is that REALLY all the criteria you need to believe something?

i was thinking the same thing- it is this very type of mindset that is keeping so many of our family and loved ones in wt- and for a person to leave wt and still maintain a mindset where "I believe cause I believe"

that is so sad

• JT
    JT
    It is amazing how emotional Creationists get on this issue. I don't believe in evolution the same way that people, or how I for that matter used to, believe in Creationism. If evolution were somehow disproved tomorrow it wouldn't bother me in the slightest - in fact it would be incredibly interesting. Most evolutionists feel the same was as far as I can tell - they have not invested any emotional energy into believing it. Religious fanatics of the Creationist variety, on the other hand, have essentially grounded their entire lives in the validity of Creationism - remove that and their religion is gone. That's why they will lie and miquote all and sundry to reassure themselves that they are right.

deep point - it is sorta like a jw- if his belief system is shown to be wrong- he is lost for all his life has been invested in selling wt mags- and the same with believers all thier life has been invested in going to heavn to drink milk and eat honey or to see gramma again in heaven. and to see those who do bad deeds burned in eternal hell fire

i recall when i was a jw showing folks there is no hell and they would get PISSED OFF at the thought that a rapist, murder, etc would only go to sleep and not wake up

HELL NO i want so roasting and toasting going on one fellow once told me

so he needed to know and believe that folks would suffer- and he illustrated what happens when folks belief system is disproved

i agree if friday all about evolution was disproved - it would be no big deal

• Gedanken
    Gedanken

ThiChi,

Ok. No problem. Let me know when you get the evidence that scientific collections have been purged.

Gedanken

• JT
    JT
    Your right about my intellectual capacity of evolution, I just don't care about it, don't have time to read all that jibberish especially knowing what I read is just a mans/women opinion.

Maybe you should of investigated the Bible as deeply as you have evolution

now this i funny - after pointing out that the writing of evolution are just men and women OPINIONS HE TURNS around and invites him to read the Bible- which as we know is too often viewed as just MEN OPINIONS-

the best scripture in the bible is the Divinely inspired one on how to test your wife if she is giving away "COOCHIE" MAKE HER drink some of the dirt off the floor in the temple and her "Thigh will fall away" if she was out giving up the Coochie in the Hood- and if she had not given up any Coochie

well this is the best part TAKE HER HOME AND WEAR HER A$$ OUT AND GET HER PREGNANT

now let's think about a couple of things

1, facts show that more men commit adultry than women, and when you consider that men used to CHILL OUT IN "THE GATES" while women were out working their butts off they were too tired to have some man humping on them,

but the kicker is THERE IS NO TEST FOR WOMEN to see if thier husbands had been swing "Peter"

now think about this If a man publicly accused his wife there was a test and if the test failed he took her home and made her pregnant --now think about the self worth of a woman who had just be publicly humilated and now she is suppose to give you some and on top of that BEAR YOU A CHILD after you have just made a mockery of her in public

can you imagine what would have happened to a wife who publicly accused her husband of adultry???

now as one of the ladies here at work would say with instructions like that in a book YOU KNOW A MAN WROTE THAT BAD BOY

• JT
    JT
    Remember, most, if not all, of us were creationists before doing the research and seeing the problems with the bible creation story and the explanitory power of the evolutionary model

HOW easily they forget- we see that same mindset when loyal jw come here on the net

they say YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT

yet many of us here both men and women served as long time publishers, we conducted bible studies and instructed folks in wt dogma, we served as elders , poineers, ms and we were involved in not only carrying out wt policy and rules but some here were involved in the formation and creation of them, esp those who may have been at bethel

so when someone comes to the net and implies we don't know or understand it is almost laughable

and i find the same with believers, we know ALL THE ARGUMENTS for trying to support the bible, and now we now the arguments for NOT

as one believer said to me: "If it AIN'T in the bible i don't want to read it"

• JT
    JT

So whats the good of Evolution??

is the question that was asked- but this poster has failed to realize one important point, Evolution has NEVER CLAIMED TO BE SOMETHING GOOD

unlike belief in "god' is "Suppose" to make you a more moral person, a kinder, gentlier person, a better husband, wife , guy next door, honest, hardworker, trust worthy, and the list goes on and on about all the BETTER THINGS THAT a belief in god is suppose to make more

as well has to make you have a more noble purpose in life, etc

while non-belief /evolution is "suppose" to make one have NO PURPOSE IN LIFE , love wild irresponible sex orgies, have little or no redeeming moral values,

in almost every post where evolution or non-belief is mention somene never fails to say something to the affect

"You just don't want to be held accountable for your actions so you and get all the "Coochie" you want, etc.

you see it is believers who have tried to imply all those things about those who are non-believers or who consider evolution-

and your questions illustrates that point:

So whats the good of Evolution??
  • JT
    JT
    My understanding of human nature is that everyone is out there trying to "convert" everyone else. TV evanglists, door-to-door, informal (just ask the BA at my work), missionaries... I've yet to have an athiest knock on my door to "turn me away from God".

If posing questions is destroying faith

getting DEEP

• rem
    rem

ThiChi,

I can at least say there is no evidence that they did.
    Wow, a reasonable observation, which still proves nothing

It proves that believing that the book reviewers took a good look at the underlying data is wishful thinking until there is evidence that they did. So far there is no evidence that ones you cited did. Therefore, the book reviews are worthless when it comes to measuring the scientific value of Cremo's work.

Only the book reviewers that did look at the data have worthwhile reviews. So far, all of the book reviewers who claimed to look at the underlying data have given the book a bad review.

rem

• JT
    JT
    Again, it seems to me that believers are the ones who are hopless and lead a life of fear. Believers almost always believe that this world is so bad that only god can save us from ourselves. Nonbelievers, such as myself, seem to be much more optimistic about life. That's the good right there.

THRUOUT History belief systems have told it's followerS

If you don't do this( and "THIS" is something that god is supposed to have said) god will KILL YOU

now if that ain't living in fear i don't know what is all your life you are trying to avoid things that will get you killed by god - and depending on THE GOD determines what things you got to avoid

you got to love belief system

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

THI CHI,

How can you honestly assume that the belief's of the Hindu Fundamentalists would not influence the outcome of their papers????

Using your theory I could state that all papers produced by the Klu Klux Klan are honest, non biased, full of scientific fact, and have nothing to do with racism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit