Fun At The Written Review!

by WildTurkey 13 Replies latest jw friends

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey

Bring a pillow. Fall asleep (or pretend to) until the last 10 minutes. Wake up, say "oh geez, better get cracking" and do some gibberish work.

Get a copy of the written review, run out screaming "Bill, Bill I've got the secret documents!!"

Make paper airplanes out of the written review. Aim them at the elders left nostril.

Talk the entire way through the written review. Read questions aloud, debate your answers with yourself out loud. If asked to stop, yell out, "I'm SOOO sure you can hear me thinking." Then start talking about what a jerk the elder is.

Bring cheerleaders.

Walk in, get the review, sit down. About five minutes into it, loudly say to the School Overseer, "I don't understand ANY of this. I've been to every meeting! What's the deal? And who the hell are you? Where's the regular School Overseer ?"

Bring a Game Boy (or Game Gear, etc...). Play with the volume at max level.

On the answer sheet find a new, interesting way to refuse to answer every question. For example: I refuse to answer this question on the grounds that it conflicts with my religious beliefs. Be creative.

Bring pets.

Run into the Kingdom Hall looking about frantically. Breathe a sigh of relief. Go to the School overseer, say "They've found me, I have to leave the country" and run off.

Fifteen minutes into the review, stand up, rip up all the papers into very small pieces, throw them into the air and yell out "Merry Christmas." If you're really daring, ask for another copy of the review. Say you lost the first one. Repeat this process every fifteen minutes.

Do the review with crayons, paint, or fluorescent markers.

Come into the review wearing a pair of birkenstocks, and nothing else.

Come down with a BAD case of Tourette's Syndrome during the review. Be as vulgar as possible.

Bring things to throw at the School overseer when he is not looking. Blame it on the person nearest to you.

Walk into the review with an entourage. Claim you are going to be taping your next video during the review. Try to get the elders to let them stay, be persuasive. Tell the them to expect a percentage of the profits if they are allowed to stay.

Every five minutes, stand up, collect all your things, move to another seat, continue with the review.

Get the review. Twenty minutes into it, throw your papers down violently, scream out "Screw this!" and walk out triumphantly.

Arrange a protest before the review starts

Show up completely drunk.

Every now and then, clap twice rapidly. When the elders asks why, tell them in a very derogatory tone, "the light bulb that goes on above my head when I get an idea is hooked up to a clapper. DUH!"

Comment on how sexy the School overseer is looking that day.

Come to the review wearing a black cloak. After about 30 minutes, put on a white mask and start yelling "I'm here, the phantom of the opera" until they drag you away.

Bring a water pistol with you. Nuff said.

From the moment the review begins, hum the theme to Jeopardy. Ignore the Elders requests for you to stop. When they finally get you to leave one way or another, begin whistling the theme to the Bridge on the River Kwai.

Start a brawl in the middle of the review.

Come in wearing a full knight's outfit, complete with sword and shield.

Bring a friend to give you a back massage the entire way through the review. Insist this person is needed, because you have bad circulation.

When you walk in, complain about the heat. Strip.

One word: Wrestlemania.

Bring balloons, blow them up, start throwing them around like they do before concerts start.

Try to get people in the room to do the wave.

Play Frisbee with a friend at the other side of the room.

Bring some large, cumbersome, ugly idol. Put it right next to you. Pray to it often. Consider a small sacrifice.

Get deliveries of candy, flowers, balloons, telegrams, etc... sent to you every few minutes throughout the review.

Edited by - WildTurkey on 1 November 2002 10:46:23

Edited by - WildTurkey on 1 November 2002 10:48:9

• TR
    TR

LOL!

Halfway through test, raise your hand and say: "My brain is full, can I go now?"

Eat 4 cans of chili earlier in the day. Enough said.

During answering phase of meeting, scream "BOO YA!" after every correct answer.

Before meeting, call cops and tell them live sacrifices are going to happen.

Come dressed up as Moses, get pissed, drop and breaks stone tablets, mumble expletives, and say in Schwarzenegger voice; "I'll be back."

Come to meeting sniffling and coughing with a cold, sneezing without the use of hanky.

Come to meeting only in G string, complaing that you have a skin allergy to all clothes.

After answer session is over, run to podium and announce winners and what they've won.

Complain every five minutes that there's to many HOT sisters to concentrate on test.

Break dance on stage.

TR

• Celia
    Celia

Sounds like a lot of fun... But who would be so brave ???

By the way, what's the written review ???

• TR
    TR

Celia,

Once a year, there is a written review at the 'hovah hall. It's a sheet of paper with, I don't know, maybe 20 "bible based" questions from recent bible reading assignments.

TR

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

TR it's twice a year. april and december

I started out by looking everything up and studying. later hubby looked them up on the computer and I would fill in the blanks or write below the questions, then copy them on to a seperate paper at the hall. My sons never got the privilage of having a KM so on occasion they would just stay home.

Edited by - imanaliento on 1 November 2002 15:2:57

• Krazylady
    Krazylady

So, it's like...a TEST? What happens if you fail? Do you have to hand them in to be marked? Man, things have changed in 30 years!! I don't remember anything like this. Course I never paid much attention anyhow, I was usually too busy feeling miserable to care what everyone else was doing.... Krazylady

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Actually it is about every 3 or 4 months. And the one next month will be the last. It will be replaced with an oral review under the new Theocratic Ministry School arrangement. So I hope you are all looking forward to that as much as I am!

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

"It will be replaced with an oral review " WHAT! so the know-it-alls will be able to answer the questions?

Those suggestions are just great. Too bad I'll never do a written review again

j2bf

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    So, it's like...a TEST? What happens if you fail? Do you have to hand them in to be marked? Man, things have changed in 30 years!!

It's more like a self-test. You grade your own paper and no one else has to see it. It's nothing new, either. I started going to meetings in 1967, and was baptized in 1969, and they had them way back then, even more frequently, if I remember correctly. I think back then, they were every 2 months. And the questions didn't come out in advance in the Kingdom Ministry like they do now; the review was a separate test sheet, and you didn't get it until it was handed out at the meeting where the review was to be held. Like a real closed-book test, no looking up the answers in advance. I think I still have some old ones, somewhere in the 100 or so boxes of stuff in my cellar. If I run across them, maybe I'll post some of the old ones.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Now that the review will become oral, here's another suggestion:

Whenever you are asked a question, answer beginning with "What is...?", Jeopardy style.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit