Pedophilia and the FDS

by LoneWolf 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LoneWolf
    LoneWolf

As you may know, there are ones at the top of the Organization that stand accused of pedophilia, etc. As I remember, both Greenlees and Chitty have been exposed as such.

Now there are accusations that Ted Jaracz is also.

Ask yourself something: How did Jaracz get to be at the top of a "christian" organization when almost nothing about his personality reflects anything that is christian? Which of the fruitages of the spirit could you associate with his conduct?

Men who are guilty of such wickedness (pedophilia) would be unable to trust anyone other than others who are guilty of the same conduct, and that sort of bond would be extremely tight, though not necessarity close. The reason is simple: If one goes down, they all do.

I have no proof at all of the thoughts that I am expressing here. However, such a scenario would explain some things:

Why were the two aforementioned men not disfellowshipped, at least? Apparently the only reason any action at all was taken is that it became known. That being the case, the leaders would have to do something before their whole edifice was exposed. Yet they wouldn't dare do too much, as those offenders would have the power to do that exposing. Ergo, the slaps on the wrists.

Secondly, it would explain the lenience and tolerance of the pedophiles within the congregations.

Now, it would not be necessary for all officials at the top to be in on such things, but for those who were, there would be certain things that could be expected of them, when looked at from a profiling standpoint.

We would expect them to form a clique that is secretive, paranoid, and extremely hard for someone on the outside to approach. There may be conflict within, but even if one hates another, he will go to drastic lengths to protect him.

We should find that their personalities are egomanical. They would view everyone else as mere fodder for them to enjoy. Little if any of their conduct towards those on the outside would reflect any form of christianity or christian values. Lying and the destruction of innocent people would mean nothing to them.

They should be obsessed with power and authority. They would not brook any questioning of either. After all, it is herein their safety lies.

They would be masters at leading a double life.

Again, I have no proof that such a clique exists. However, I would strongly advise that people walk softly and carry a big stick until we know for sure.

I've long wondered what it is that Jaracz has over the rest of the FDS that would make them agreeable to the crap he pulls.

Tom Howell

Alias: LoneWolf

• metatron
    metatron

Anyone can make an accusation. So far, no evidence has surfaced to prove these
    allegations against Jaracz - and I am deeply skeptical about the veracity of
    'Satanic abuse' claims.

As to how he dominates and manipulates others, that is largely a matter of
    personality. If you ever were a member of a body of elders, you probably know
    that most simply go along with whatever the body decides and the actual agenda
    is set by a few assertive men.

Several of the Governing Body are very old and incapacitated - others were likely
    chosen with his influence.

If you read Crisis of Conscience carefully, a picture will emerge of a cold,
    cunning man who wields power amidst other men who have been nothing but followers
    all their lives. This is similar to Rutherford - or any third world dictatorship.

metatron

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

I have to agree with Meta, but leaving room on the aide to realize that LoneWolf's ideas make sense too. The JW world, especially towards the top, rewards a no-questions following of rules and authority. So even the top dudes will fall in line with a strong personallity. Which allows the jackasses like Jaracs to rise themselves to the top by being assertive and pushy in their dealings with anyone under them. And their peers as well. Since voting is a 2/3rds thing, I can see power plays a-la congress style vote manipulation happening before major votes. Consolodation of power.

But it would not surprise me either if Jaracs had dirt on the people around him to keep them in line in worse case scenerios.

• LoneWolf
    LoneWolf

Metatron ---

You are absolutely correct, anyone can make an accusation. I too am well aware of that and like to make the same allowances as you mention.

The trouble with this situation is that there have been so many dispicable things happening lately that absolutely nothing would surprise me about them any more. Sometimes it's best to be prepared for the unthinkable. One can do that and yet still not "convict" them in that sense.

Instead, my inclination is to examine everything with a cold, hard examination and refuse to take anything they have to say without verification. They deserve no trust whatsoever. This includes even those (at the top) who are probably innocent, for most of them have deliberately closed their eyes to the wrongdoing of others for the sake of peace, and/or in an attempt to save their own hides. Then again there are those who are not strong enough to face the hard truth that their "shepherds" are really wolves in sheep's clothing.

All three of these alternatives are matters that contraindicate any trust in them, individually or collectively. I can see and feel strongly in the latter two circumstances that forgiveness and consideration can be called for, for who of us are without guilt in these departments in one way or another? But trust is another matter. First they would have to prove that they have faced the truth squarely and not allowed the fear of man to affect their decisions.

I view this whole situation as being much like the time the Nation of Israel was supposed to go into the Promised Land. They sent out the 12 spies and only two of them came back with a favorable report. The whole nation chickened out, and the punishment was that ALL males 30 and over (except Joshua and Caleb) were condemned to die in the Wilderness. Why, in view of the fact that the decision was made by the leaders of the nation? It's because they all, right down to the lowliest shephard, had the responsibility to speak up. Due to the fear of man, they didn't.

The same principle holds true here. They loved the glamour and prestige of being of an elite class, but shirked the responsibility that goes with it.

I think that you are right, I do need to read C of C. I was of the impression that much of Ray's situation occurred before Jaracz's tenure. Apparently I'm wrong.

But you are too in one sense. One doesn't need to belong to a body of elders to be very familiar with the tactics of assertive men. I turned down a position during the original meetings set up to establish the elder arrangement as they wanted to bend a few rules in order to get it. After that there was an unending series of elders who wanted me to "reach out", but first I had to acknowledge the "pecking order". None were ever able to establish it, for every time they tried, I ended up on top.

Thanks for your comments. I appreciated them.

LoneWolf

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

This is a great thread.

I am also leery of the satanic abuse "charge" against Jarascz; too much has come out about the nature of such charges to make it worth looking at just yet, at least until something substantial comes out in the way of proof.

What I cannot understand is why in the world this group of men has shot themselves and all witnesses in the foot by taking the asinine stand on child abuse that they have.

It is a disgrace, a crime, and stupid.

What is even more stupid and criminal is that the rank and file have not risen up and revolted over this. They have been so used to listening and shutting up over the years that they cannot see this obvious evidence that God is NOT with them or the gb.

Keep up the good work.

pistoff

• metatron
    metatron

There's a ton of rumours we'll never be able to confirm.

I wish Grizzuti had provided proof about an arrangement with a local brothel
    in Rutherford's day.

There also was a stunning story from someone named "Rayvn" a couple years back
    about a suicide connected to wrongdoing by a GB member. I wish someone could
    confirm it.

metatron

• johnathanseagull
    johnathanseagull

Tom.......nice post, .........what lies underneath the bethel at Brooklyn one might ask?

• Dia
    Dia

....looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a duck.

I think you're very right. Don't overlook the individual's psychological quirks that, in skilled hands, lead to profound manipulations.

I think denial and some very deep psychological 'problems' are all very tightly woven into this picture. Across the board.

• sf
    sf

Ah, finally...a thread with some 'meat' in it.

{{ TOM }} It is always so good to 'see' you.

"But it would not surprise me either if Jaracs had dirt on the people around him to keep them in line in worse case scenerios. "

Perhaps even some here. Perhaps.

sKally...FOCUS Klass

• herk
    herk

I know Jaracz personally, and I was a friend of Greenlees and Chitty, as well as other members of the governing body. I'm no longer a JW, partly because of my disdain for the antics of persons like Jaracz. In fairness, however, I think some folks go a bit too far in their accusations. It hasn't been proven in a court of law or otherwise that Greenlees, Chitty or Jaracz were ever pedophiles. Common decency should convince each one of us that all persons, even alleged murderers and terrorists, ought to be considered innocent until they are proven to be guilty. Would any of us want to go through life having such a terrible false charge hanging over our heads, if indeed we were innocent? There are plenty of things wrong about JWs and the WT Society that should be exposed and condemned. I see no reason why anyone should feel the need to invent additional crimes for which there isn't a shred of proof. When we do such things, we show ourselves worthy of the same condemnation we're trying to pin on the persons we've accused. Additionally, we end up totally lacking any credibility when we actually have something that should be brought to the attention of the world.

herk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit