Amazing Vegemite Facts

by Mackin 19 Replies latest social humour

• barry
    barry

Just to add a bit more trivia to this Marmite is made by the SDA church. I like Promite best of all is American I tink.Barry

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all,

I can assure you guys that Vegemite DOES NOT taste like Marmite.

They're quite different. But then again, you have to be a connoisseur!!!!!

Cheers, Ozzie

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Vegemite trivia:

In April 1984, a 115g jar of Vegemite makes grocery store history by becoming the first product to be electronically scanned at the checkout in a supermarket in Australia. It was scanned in Woolworths at Chullora NSW and the price was 66 cents. The product is on display at Woolworths head office in NSW should anyone feel inclined to make a pilgrimage.

What year was Vegemite created? 1922

Another happy Vegemite-ite:

• emancipated
    emancipated

I for one have never heard of vegemite.

• Matty
    Matty

Then you truly haven't lived! It's what made Australia the great nation it is today!

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Vegemite is the only first aid kit a true Australian needs .. it can fix just about anything from mouth ulsers to a squeaky windmill to a broken heart. There is a bloke in Adelaide who paints outback scenes with it, there is a bloke in Sydney who varnishes furniture with it. "Vegemite Furniture of Western Sydney" not so much an advert as an attitude!

unclebruce

ps: Vegemite Furniture is no longer made with real vegemite :( (trouble with mice or bushrats or someth'n)

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Any relation to this stuff?

• barry
    barry

Nutella, nothing like it I took some vegemite to my friends in Los Angelies, they said it was like rats arse. Ive never tasted rats arse. Barry

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

I can't remember if Nutella is a Santitarium product or ETA but it is very nice. I'll have it smeared on my man any day.

~Beck~

ps...actually...I have tried body chocolate for $12 and Nutella for $4 and I prefer Nutella - just some useless marketing information for ya! I have never tried vegemite smeared on my man - I can't think of anything more offputting actually!

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

II want to know what they put in it

Answer: 100% Brewers yeast - we're up to the eyeballs in the stuff (must be all the beer making going on ;)

Invest in Vegemite futures now i say - before this post causes a run on the stockpile. I guess we could compensate by doubling beer production

unclebruce

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit