Amazing Vegemite Facts

by Mackin 19 Replies latest social humour

• Mackin
    Mackin

For the benefit and edification of all the non-Australasian readers of this board I submit the following:

Edited by - Mackin on 1 November 2002 15:48:10

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Thanks for all that information Mackin....and did you know it is now american owned?? LOL

Just ask Dick Smith the electronics geezer, he kicked up a stink about it...and now he has his own line of products. I don't think they are taking off that well, consumers tend to stick to what they know regardless of who owns it.

~Beck~

• Satanus
    Satanus

It strongly resists water and provides superior protection against rust and corrosion.

Maybe it would be good for the health of my truck. It tends to rust.

SS

• Matty
    Matty

I love Vegemite, I really don't understand people who say it's disgusting, i.e. most of my family!

• Scully
    Scully

I don't care if it's supposed to be "good" for you. I won't touch stuff like that with a barge pole.

Love, Scully

PS: What I really wanted to know about Vegemite is what they put in it!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Mrs Ozzie and I wouldn't leave home without it!

D'ya think you might edit the title of the thread for spelling, Mack?

Oh, you Kiwis, when will you ever learn????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers, Ozzie

• Dizzy Cat
    Dizzy Cat

I am assuming it is similar in taste to Marmite ?

My cousin used to work in a factory that processed yeast extract for these food types. He spent his day in huge vats with a wooden paddle scraping brown gunk off the walls and popping it onto trays. This yeast extract was then sold to companies who make such products.

Now I love the taste, but my cousin told me that it nearly makes him vomit after working at the plant ....

• Dizzy Cat
    Dizzy Cat

I am assuming it is similar in taste to Marmite ?

My cousin used to work in a factory that processed yeast extract for these food types. He spent his day in huge vats with a wooden paddle scraping brown gunk off the walls and popping it onto trays. This yeast extract was then sold to companies who make such products.

Now I love the taste, but my cousin told me that it nearly makes him vomit after working at the plant ....

• Matty
    Matty

Dizzy Cat, Marmite is much more concentrated than Vegemite and should be spread much more sparingly. A ustralians often say they don't like Marmite. I wonder if it's because they initially think it's the same and then spread it too thickly. Anyone who does this will get a nasty shock!

• Mackin
    Mackin

Hey there Ozzie: I edited the title spelling just for you.

Mackin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit