Jehovah's Witness Ghost Story

by kenpodragon 23 Replies latest jw friends

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

I was about twelve and a young "brother" invited me to stay the night at his house. My mom wanted me to be make friends with Witness families, so getting permission was not that hard to do. His mom and dad picked me up at around five and we went back to his house. His home was a older Victorian style home that was built in the late 1800's. By most standards it would be considered quite the prize to own in anyone's book.

I walked up the stairs to go in and the creaking steps made enough noise that I would swear the whole neighborhood could hear me coming. My friend was waiting inside and we went up to his bedroom to play with some toys. The whole house was hard wood floors so you could hear someone walking around all the time. We were having fun with our Star Wars action figures and making all kinds of cool forts out of blankets and things we found around the house.

Around seven his mom came in and said it was time to get washed up for dinner. So I went to the bathroom and started washing my hands. The door slammed shut behind me, and I thought "I did not close it that hard, next time I better be more careful, as I was a guest in this home." I then washed my hands and looked up into the mirror to make sure I did not have dirt on my face, when I swore I saw someone standing behind me, but only for a second. It looked like a child and I thought it might have been my friend in the room with me. I turned, but there was no one there. I figured it was nothing, but I was a little crept out any way. Well we ate dinner and before you know it, it was bedtime and we went to sleep.

That night I was having a hard time sleeping, mainly because I was in a sleeping bag on a hard wood floor with only a couple of extra blankets for padding. It was late and I swore I heard someone run down the hall. I ignored it thinking my friends mom was up and about again. It did it several times in the night, and then before you know it I was a sleep and the light of the new day was shinning into the window. It was real early and no one else was awake in the house. I got up to walk around a bit and looked out a window in the hall that over looked the back yard.

It was a misty morning and not every things was completely lit yet. I looked down and there was a little boy sitting on the swing set swing by himself. I thought, "that is odd, and who is that boy." He looked real sad and just seemed to be swinging by himself, and doing very little moving. I used the restroom, and when I came back he was gone and the swing was showing only slight movement from its previous rider.

Soon everyone else woke up and we had breakfast. We were eating and my friends parents asked how the nights sleep went. I said it was fine, but then mentioned "when I got up this morning to use the restroom there was a kid playing on the swing set." Everyone got real quiet, and then my friends father started talking about something else. Before you know it, I was back home and that day was behind me.

I grew older and I still knew the family and I knew the boy who was now a young man. One day I set and talked to him about it. He mentioned how they knew about the boy and that the spirit ran around the house all the time, and they did not want to talk about it as they knew it was a demon. I guess one time it threw one of them out of the bathroom and even locked doors and unscrewed light bulbs and cried in the night. They had elders come over to help one time when it got real bad, and the elders prayed and prayed and the spirit still did the same things. They threw everything away they thought might attract demons, but it still stayed. I guess the name "Jehovah" had no affect on that demon.

Well it is years later now and I do not have anything to do with those people, as they are still Witnesses and I am the evil apostate. Yet I was talking to someone a while back, and I mentioned that house and the family. They mentioned something I never knew, something that was never discussed when I was a Witness. That that family had lost a child to S.I.D.S., before their son was born. So then I wondered, how would you view what happened now?

Was the images I saw, the spirit of their lost son or just one of those mean little "Christian" demons playing games? If it was a spirit, do you think they could have done more then acting like it was evil. Do you think they could have done something to help it?

That is my "true" yet "spooky" Halloween post for the day.

My thought

Dragon

Edited by - kenpodragon on 31 October 2002 16:28:46

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

ohhhhhhhhh, Ken,

I liked this story, and especially so, since it really happened!

• roybatty
    roybatty
    older Victorian style home

Why do ghost stories always happen in older Victorian style homes? I have a brick and ceder ranch and feel so left out.

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

roy

Bury someone in your backyard and maybe you will have some success.

Dragon

• freedom96
    freedom96

I do happen to believe in ghosts, as I lived with one growing up in my house. It too was an old home, built in the late 1800's. I never considered it to be a demon, and it never did anything bad to us. In my case, the ghost was an older man. I am certain that he was the original owner of the house.

It could be quite possible the kid you saw was indeed the one that died. I think this is another perfect example of the fact we don't know exactly what happens after death. I personally do believe in heaven, but maybe heaven is different for each individual.

In will be interesting one day, many years from now, to find out.

• roybatty
    roybatty
    In my case, the ghost was an older man. I am certain that he was the original owner of the house.

You should have charged him rent. Why do ghost always think they can hang around for free?

• frogit
    frogit

Today with modern technology we can record all sorts of events on all sorts of different media for example: Video Tape, Film, Photography on Silver coated paper, and today we can use Hard Disks to store Media files, in the past humans drew on cave walls, then on animal skins, then on to canvas and today - paper.

How does our brain record events, and why cant thoughts pass through our skull and pass onto others? Some have said that even walls and other materials can record things/events that happened long ago, such as plaster on walls, other materials, maybe soft furnishings!

My friend was walking on his own passing some old caves in the midle of nowhere and heard children playing.. This was at dusk, was the very rocks releasing the sounds of the past?

Was your vision of a child swinging on the swing, just a releasing of some long ago memory stored in the surrounding materials, or was it brain thoughts passing onto you from the sleeping family?

Today we have fantastic technology, we can store billions of bits on silicon (binary), but do we have more fantastic technology to discover?

Just my humble thoughts

frogit

• roybatty
    roybatty

I guess there should be all kinds of ghost walking around graveyards. There are a dozen small, country cemetaries around my house and I have yet to see one ghost.

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

frogit

I know a lot about this subject, and I will tell you that your thought does have merit in the current theories of life after death. I think that some spirits do not cross, or perhaps they are around to settle something they did not complete in this life. I do think though that some things are memories in the place it took place. ESP and astro connections across the asto plain are also possible, and a very interesting thought.

My thought

Dragon

Edited by - kenpodragon on 31 October 2002 17:23:13

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

I tend to think that Ghosts are people who are 'stuck' here. Some seem to be recordings though of the past. I have read many ghostly accounts where the Ghost's feet are not visible and seem to be in the floor. This happens in buildings that have had their floor levels changed. So the Ghosts people see are of some recording that happened years ago. Now the active ghosts that kenpo where talking about are totally different.

I met a guy from Washington who's house was pretty %@#%@. They would hear children playing on the stairs at night and sometimes you could hear a ball bouncing through the central heating system. Then there was the who footprints in the bed! The freakiest thing he said that had happend occured when he was down stairs looking for his friend. His brother was in the living room and he asked his brother where his friend was. His brother told him that his friend was upstairs. So he goes upstairs and sure enough his friend is in his room- talking to his BROTHER!!! So who in the @#%@# was down stairs!!! His brothers room was always cold and he said the 'thing' was always messing with his brother. He said that it even followed his brother around town! FREAK CITY!!

Well thats enough for me, the stuff that guy told me made my skin cold.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit