Did the society official track each member of the 144,000?

by Bob Loblaw 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

"We thus have no way of knowing the exact number of anointed ones on earth; nor do we need to know."

Someone's telling little fairy stories in Brooklyn.

What about the annual "memorial partakers" statistic in the Yearbook?

Clearly, BoE's are ordered to note how many partake in their congregation. Isn't that the Org keeping count?

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

---> Paul Grundy's record card.

Back in the 1950's, 1960's, 1970's and further back, (but I never personally saw any older than that), on your Publisher Record Card, beside asking you if you were 'A' anointed or 'OT' other sheep, they asked if you owned a car.

@OP... Of course 'The Society' knew exactly how many professed to be 'Anointed Kings with Christ', all of them hoping to go straight off of a launching pad to their preferred place for 'special people' when they died.

WT is all a man made up business corporation, masquerading as a charity to shovel in the money for them and their financial advisor's, lawyers and other bottom feeders.

LL

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

For one of the "proofs" on the End Times, the number of anointed left is, oddly enough, swept under the rug.

I suppose the GB just can't stomach being wrong again. It has to be embarrassing as hell. Can you even imagine being wrong almost 100% of the time?? It must really piss them off!

Also, as previously mentioned, to acknowledge this group would require explaining why they are ignored. The bible says there is wisdom in a multitude of counsellors. I guess the GB disagree with Jeehoober.

DD

• Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw

Interesting stuff.

What an embarrassment and what a bunch of bulls*@t.

In the end it sounds like they had their literal 144000. Which means, with more coming forward now proclaiming to be of the anointed, their literal number now has turned into a symbolic number.

In 1992, the "anointed left" number was supposedly at 8,000 in and around my cong. Was that the same number others heard as well across the country or even internationally? Do you think that number was sort of created by and casually handed down from the men in charge or was it more of a manifestation of the some elders or the rank and file? A sort of urban legend that spread through congs like wild fire?

After 1992 did talk of that number continue? Did the get smaller or did everyone at some point just stop talking about it?

• Village Idiot
  • Splash
    Splash

The simple get-out clause is that not everyone partaking are truly anointed.

They do not keep track because they can only know the number who partook, not who are truly anointed.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

just my opinion - i think there's a data base with a record of every publisher. We already know they keep the records on pedos.

Marina

• smiddy
    smiddy

Hasn`t this been brought out before that the number of anointed remained about 8000 for approximately 35 years ,? never dropped below that number and now has risen to over 12000 ?

This , despite the fact that the number of anointed were supposed to be getting fewer and fewer as the years went on.

Just saying.

smiddy

• Naoscillator
    Naoscillator
    Splash, you took the words right out of my mouth. Reminds me of David Splane's pet phrase "genuine anointed".
  • jwleaks
    jwleaks

WT, 8/15/2011, p. 22

Memorial partakers. This is the number of baptized individuals who partake of the emblems at the Memorial worldwide. Does this total represent the number of anointed ones on earth? Not necessarily. A number of factors—including past religious beliefs or even mental or emotional imbalance—might cause some to assume mistakenly that they have the heavenly calling. We thus have no way of knowing the exact number of anointed ones on earth; nor do we need to know. The Governing Body does not keep a list of all partakers, for it does not maintain a global network of anointed ones.

Note the date on the below document (bottom LHS): 3/98 - March 1998. This was the publisher record card that was actually in use by the Governing Body of JW's when the above highlighted statement was made in the August 15, 2011, Watchtower magazine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit