Will God intervine?

by kelsey007 22 Replies latest jw friends

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

If there is a Christian God that is going to ride in and save the day, what is taking him so long. After all, wasn't WW1 or WW2 worth his time to stop. Did he not seem to care when people were dying in the crusades, or when the plague killed a huge percentage of mankind. Is he just going to ride in to save all the white nations, because Africa has been in turmoil for decades will millions being executed because they are not in the right tribe. If we are in rough times as a nation, well perhaps it is our turn and we should not expect God is going to save the day. Perhaps we need to save it for ourselves and realize this is what we got.

My thought

Dragon

• heathen
    heathen

I think the world is a pretty f@#$ ed up place .

• bjc2read
    bjc2read

kelsey:

God will intervene. We know this, because God abhors "violence", and will only tolerate limited amounts of it. -- Gen. 6:11, 12; Psalms 11:5

But, the "Great War" is indeed, ahead of us. God spoke of it. But there will be survivors, God says. -- Daniel 10:1; Matt. 24:7; Rev. 6:4

Man cannot help himself in that he cannot "direct his steps" successfully without causing total disaster. He is violent and completely PRONE to war and self-destruction. (Jer. 10:23, 24) Jehovah allows this "war" situation to develop to force people to see, THEY NEED GOD, instead of President Bush, V. Putin, Tony Blair and so on. Then, God teaches mankind the ways of "peace" by making restore spiritual "Israel" become the "seed of peace" first. And then afterwhich, they can now adminstrate "peace" for all other nations, and the "nations learn WAR NO MORE." (Isa. 2:2-4; Zech. 8:12 NWT)

This great war before us, will prove something to all intelligent life, heavenly and earthly. This: Man can do nothing on his own but, DESTROY HIMSELF, along with all plant life and animal life, if God lets him. That is all he is good for, and this next war will prove it. So God allows it. Man is completely helpless withOUT GOD. Also, the next war will prove the Bible is God's Word, and is completely true and can be relied upon, totally.

This link I think will help all those who believe the bible and have faith in God's promises:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=39553&site=3

Keysey remember, Isaiah 7:9 says,

"...If you do not stand firm in faith, you whall not stand at all." (NRSV)

Believe me, based upon whats ahead, the "Great War", we are going to need it! We will need faith.

peace,

bjc

Edited by - bjc2read on 29 October 2002 18:23:37

Edited by - bjc2read on 29 October 2002 18:25:7

• Shakita
    Shakita

Will God intervene?

Nope.

I echo gumby's sentiments completely. We can pray, wish, have faith, what ever you want to call it, for God to come to the rescue. But his track record as of late hasn't been very good.

I fear for humankind and all living things on the earth if tensions that now exist erupt into a nuclear exchange among the superpowers of this planet. Even a limited nuclear exchange will change life as we know it.

If there is a God, Now Would Be A Good Time To Come To The Aid of Your Children.

Mrs. Shakita

• Navigator
    Navigator

All the worlds a stage, and all the men and women merely players

Each struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more.

William Shakespear

That quote is from memory of my high school literature class about 50 years past and may not be exactly correct.

No! God will not intervene. This illusion is our own. However, our more enlightened brothers, Jesus, Budda, Lao Tse may very well try to wake us up from this dream of separation from God.

• TR
    TR
    Will God intervine?

Has he ever?

TR

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

All the problems of humanity were created by humanity. And what problems man creates man can fix. Once we as a species accept that then the world will be new place.

If there is no reality only perception then my perception is a world of wonder. This is an open mind. I accept this as opposed to a mind closed by belief.

Everyone in religondom keeps saying God is comming! God is comming!

I say God is here. Now get to work.

Death is a release to the only true freedom. I accept that. It fits quite nicely with "God is here right now." With me, and for me; And me for him, and us.

Have a happy day.

jayson

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ
    Will God intervine?

No.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

What for????

Why should he have to come down to fry us when we can do it ourselves??? Give the guy some more credit. Why does He have to do everything?

As for when this 'Great War' is going to happen who the F knows! Does it really matter????????????

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

He already has - He made it plain and clear what to do - love God and people, and everyone knows how - give other people your stuff etc. - and you don't get to keep doing wickedness for too long - your body is going to die when your older.

Does He punish to intervene? In a manner. Some do not recieve 'growth', for some reason or another. Look to the idea of being western and white, determining the number of annointed last century, so you may 'truly' figure out whether your in for the divine speciallness you deserve, and then tell me there isn't any divine punishment.

paduan

Edited by - a paduan on 29 October 2002 20:2:43

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit