Will God intervine?

by kelsey007 22 Replies latest jw friends

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

Or is this life on earth only a testing or proving ground for an eternal life elsewhere? As JW's we were taught that god will intervine in the world and bring the earth to a unified state under a theocratic government. So, is man capable of maintaining the earth without intervention from a "higher source"? As the world is more closely knit and more populated than ever before in the recorded history of the planet will man be able to maintain this planet without destroying the planet and mankind? What is your thoughts?

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Will God intervene or will the world come to an end you ask.

Kelsey I have been bombarded by conflicting answers to that question for most of my life. Mostly answers to questions I did not ask. ALL of them "the answers, proved false and useless" I heard the idiotic statement "you must have faith" so many times that if someone else tells me that I may do terrible things to them.

To all of these questions and others on the same subject I reply, I don't give a rats ass. I intend to live my life out using my own guidelines of conduct and just enjoy the hell out of everything I encounter that does not kill me.

If these questions do truly trouble you I hope you find a satisfactory way of coping. I am not degrading you or your post. I just had to get this thought out of my mind and on Paper? no I guess just post it. Maybe this is my way of venting.

Outoftheorg

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

Well outoftheorg you made me feel you good today. At the very least I gave someone the opportunity the vent! I truly agree with you. It is a thought that comes to mind from time to time but I am not in the least overwhlemed by it. I feel that there is a greater power of sorts somewhere out there- at least I hope so. I also believe that each little action we do has an effect on others. But I am not a believer that our actions or inactions will change much in the big picture. Man has developed the best systems that he can and we enjoy what voice we have. Other than that we should enjoy our lives to the fullest as this is all that we know for a fact that we will ever have.

• freedom96
    freedom96

There really is nothing that we can do about it, so I for one will live the most productive life I can, do unto others, and we will see what happens.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I agree completely Jim.

I do believe that God indeed does have a plan, but for us earthlings, there has been so much speculation from thousands of religions........ I will continue to do what I posted above, and live my life the best that I can, and for me, that is accordance with the type of attitude that the bible says to have. I am not perfect by any means, but belief in God I think is better than the alternative.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Someone can probably correct this quote, "All the world is a stage and each man a player".

Guest 77

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

From the song Limelight by Rush:

All the world's indeed a stage,
    And we are merely players,
    Performers and portrayers...

Maybe this is what you were thinking of?

As far as the thread topic is concerned, I don't believe that the Deity is going to intervene in human affairs. I could be wrong though. Who knows?

• terabletera
    terabletera

My belief is that no one will intervene what so ever. Let's just do our best.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

I agree jim.

I hope God has something in mind also. My use of my own guidelines is more along what I believe is right and good such as the {essence} of the 10 comandments and not so much on all of the possible requirements that is suggested by various interpretations of the bible. I kind of use the thought that if I can not truly help someone I can at least leave them alone. That may be what they really need.

I can not see the point of having concern about world events I have absoloutly no influence on. Other than to prepare for the possible results if that is in my power.

Outoftheorg vent vent.

• gumby
    gumby

So, is man capable of maintaining the earth without intervention from a "higher source"?

Well, has he interviened that we know of since Man's beginning? Ever?

Countless amounts of pain, starvation, atrocities, have gone on since Man began.......and no miracles have been seen in all this. Why would we think he will react different in the future? If God was going to interviene he would have done it by now.....what would he be waiting for.........more pain and suffering by the millions?

I also would like to know he will do something, but so far I haven't seen anything.....prayer of millions seem to go unanswered.

One more thing...."if your up there Lord, please don't be mad at me,....Im speaking from the heart".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit