World War III Looming?

by kelsey007 11 Replies latest jw friends

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

As this administrations (U.S.) seems intent on attacking Iraq the North Koreans have admitted violating a 1994 Treaty banning thier production of nuclear arms. As of today they have told Japan that they have no intent of giving up thier arms. That combined with a recent assasination of an American diplamat and other terrorist activities around the globe brings to mind how volatile world conditions are. Will the Americans intent on policing the world esculate into a world war? With North Korea and Iraq intent on having weapons of mass destruction draw out other smaller or third world nations that may be developing such weapons? Where do you believe this is heading?

• Francois
    Francois

We are heading either for the extermination of life on this planet, or we are going to provoke intervention by other, more mature, citizens of the cosmos who will save us from ourselves.

I kinda hope it's the later.

francois

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, why think that humans are on only one road to self-destruction.

"Which is the greater danger - nuclear warfare or the population explosion? The latter absolutely! To bring about nuclear war, someone has to DO something; someone has to press a button. To bring about destruction by overcrowding, mass starvation, anarchy, the destruction of our most cherished values-there is no need to do anything. We need only do nothing except what comes naturally - and breed. And how easy it is to do nothing."

--Dr. Isaac Asimov (in this 1966 interview he predicted that world population would reach 6 billion near the year 2000, but his prediction was conservative: we passed the 6 billion mark in October 1999.)

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Well, we don't have to wait long because in this morning's news, the Bush wacker said he's given Saddam one more week to turn over his mass destructive weapons whether he has any or not. Do you think you can hold your breath that long?

Guest 77

• bjc2read
    bjc2read

Ya'll, we had better -- hold on!

See Daniel 10:1 (NIV); Matthew 24:7; Rev. 6:4.

bjc

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

"Sometimes life takes a crap, and as adults we need to wipe our own a** and not expect someone else to get rid of it for us."

Sorry, it was something my grandfather used to say and I still think it applies to a lot of things today. In that no one wants to take on responsibility for their actions, and hope others will clean up their mess. Some times we just need to grab a big wad of toilet paper and get to wiping, or were are just going to stink all day.

My thought

Dragon

• troucul
    troucul

kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Ken, my mom use to say to us as teenagers, 'you can't even wipe your ass yet and your going out with girls?' My mom had NO PITY.

Guest 77

• UnDisfellowshipped
  • Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

World War III???? Well you have to have a lot of countries involved to make it WWIII. Who exactly do you think is going to come to this party???? I highly doubt the U.S. has any plans to attack N. Korea. N. Korea will change its ways via economic incentives. Face it, life in N. Korea sucks. Russia isnt giving them any cash and they're broke. The only way to continue is for them to get off the paranoid war retoric and RELAX. I say 15 years and N. Korea is waaaaaaay relaxed, things are peachy, and their economy is starting to boom. The Korean war was tragic, but its time to get over it. China has and we kicked the shit out of them.

So that just leaves us IRAQ. Hardly a World War. Even if the all the Arabs got into it, it still wouldnt be a major World War. Plus we have Isreal on our side.

So, in Conclusion, no WWIII.

The only big boy we need to worry about is CHINA. China is getting new leadership so hopefully things will continue to get better. The whole 'capitalist' idea is quite addicting once you've had a taste of it. If they drop the whole Taiwan issue and start making more Nike's, then things will work out just fine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit