Can't help but scratch my head...

by Lee Elder 37 Replies latest jw friends

• og
    og

Tell you what, DJ, you admit on this thread, to me and any other interested reader, that belief in Jesus Christ's divinity (or even that he existed) confers no special advantage over a believer in, say, Mohammed's prophethood or the Buddha's enlightenment or secular humanism, and I will admit that I was wrong. Fail to make this admission, and I will continue to believe that you are an ignorant, bigoted dipfuck.

• DJ
    DJ
    that you are an ignorant, bigoted dipfuck.

You can believe what you want to belive about me and I will not relatiate with coarse wording. Honestly, I believe that only by faith can we enter and only by faith can we stand.....not by our human endeavors but by the blood of the lamb. Into his presence he calls us and into his presence we come. If he counted our transgressions who would stand? That is the teaching of Christ. You can argue with him, if you'd like. I will not argue with you. Dj

• bigboi
    bigboi
    Amen! There seems to be this inherent need in so many people, to systematize the principles and beliefs, which they personally have embraced, into a religion. In doing so, they set down moral boundaries and begin to define right and wrong, good and evil, for themselves and others, based on whether a belief or action, or an individual, falls within the parameters or this little system of beliefs, this religion they have created.

If one has a strong conviction, fine, proclaim it! If one has an objection, fine, voice it! But dont presume to know the heart and conscience of another individual, simply because he or she may not offer the support you would like them to!

Good point here!

One thing I hate about religious ppl is the fact that some of them can be so judgemental. One of the things I love about religious ppl is that fact that some of them aren't judgemental at all. The non-judgemental type always seem to be more balance and sincere in their beliefs and the least likely to waver.

• og
    og

Okay, I was coarse. Still, my basic point stands: Christianity is a bigoted religion - at its core, it is an insistence that others have to believe what you believe or God will kill them or torture them. You're a Christian, you believe that other religions are no good, ergo, you're a bigot.

My wording may be coarse, but your bigoted belief is pure evil.

• og
    og

But hey, the smiley face makes it all okay.

• DJ
    DJ

You're a Christian, you believe that other religions are no good, ergo, you're a bigot.

My wording may be coarse, but your bigoted belief is pure evil. "Belief is the death of intelligence." R. A. Wilson

In my opinion you are bigoted against Christians and anyone else who holds a belief. You are the worst kind of example of the pot calling the kettle black. Watch that you don't do what you accuse others of doing. It's a fine line my friend and you tripped on it.

• og
    og

Just answer this, DJ: will those who don't believe as you do about Christ - will your God kill them or torture them or not send them to heaven because of that non-belief?

In my opinion you are bigoted against Christians and anyone else who holds a belief.

You're wrong. I don't mind that you have an irrational belief. I mind that you believe others have to have it or God will torture or kill them. For Christians, it's not enough that they're right - others have to wrong. You could say that I'm bigoted against bigots.

It's a fine line my friend and you tripped on it.

We are not yet friends.

I will not argue with you. Dj

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

• DJ
    DJ

Og,

Your argument is really not for me to answer. It is THE God of the Bible that your complaint is against. Stop trying to push me into an argument. I have been very tolerant of answering your questions thus far and I do not view it as arguing with you when I defend myself against your name calling. What God does or does not to to nonbelievers really has nothing to do with me, quite frankly. I do not question the potter. You on the other hand seem to aspire to no beliefs except those that you've read by mankind. You are unaware of my beliefs, therefore it is impossible to make you understand my thinking but I do believe that one day you will kneel before Jesus......all of us will every knee will bow. Not to me but to Him. He is the only way. You cannot go build houses for habitat for humanity to earn your salvation. He gives it freely as a gift. His hand is extended to you as well as everyone else. The question is, will you take his hand? That's your decision. I have no other response left to give to you. Have a nice evening. Dj/ Donna

• og
    og
    Just answer this, DJ: will those who don't believe as you do about Christ - will your God kill them or torture them or not send them to heaven because of that non-belief?
  • og
    og
    You cannot go build houses for habitat for humanity to earn your salvation.

What, I have to believe in a figment of your imagination instead?

Why in the world would I need salvation anyway? After all, I may not be perfect, but parts of me are excellent!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit