Do You Ever Miss It?

by pettygrudger 26 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

Borgfree!!! I just feel like giving you a big hug(((((Hug)))

Think yourself fortunate !!! If I was 10 years younger I would 'stalk" you lol

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I don't miss a thing about those cruel sons of bitches.

• hippikon
    hippikon
    like realizing for the 1st time that you're an adult,

I wouldn't know about that.

• borgfree
    borgfree

Mouthy,

Thanks.

Elsewhere,

Come on, tell us how you really feel.

• James2300
    James2300

One of my roommates at Bethel used to chew tobacco before he was a witness. When he would play baseball, he would put it in the space between his lower lip and his bottom teeth. Now, whenever he would play ball at bethel he would miss the feeling of chewing tobacco there in his mouth. He didn't want to chew tobacco anymore--he didn't crave it that often, he knew it could cause cancer, and he knew it was gross--but he still missed it.

To me, that's what being a witness is. It's that piece of chaw you used to have in your mouth. You don't need it or want it, but you can't stop tonguing that space. You know that you've lost something.

James

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

James - excellent analogy - spot on!

Thanks for sharing

Rhonda (running to the bathroom for some mouthwash)

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

It was kind of like people who stay in a bad relationship simply because that's all they know. When I left I went through a culture shock. At first I missed certain people. Never the teachings though. I went to one morning of a convention once simply because I missed the schedule of. It was all I ever knew I was supposed to do. Of course the things coming out of their mouths made me sick and I left early.

Now I don't miss one thing about it. I'm not bitter, and can remember some of the good that did come out of it. But as far as missing it...... any women out there who were in an abusive relationship miss getting hit?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit