Do You Ever Miss It?

by pettygrudger 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Jesika
    Jesika

The only thing I miss is thinking they were my "true friends". It really hurts knowing for the smallest things they shunned me. My father was the one who should've been shunned and alot in the cong knew it, but did nothing and shunned ME!

It was a hurtful revelation but I am glad I learned it young. It made me see those who truely LOVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jes

of the *doesn't miss going door to door class*

• Gopher
    Gopher

When we think back to the past, sometimes we filter out the bad and remember the good.

THE WAY WE WERE

Sung by Barbra Streisand

Memories light the corner of my mind.
    Misty water color memories
    Of the way we were.

Scattered pictures of the smiles we left behind,
    Smiles we gave to one another
    For the way we were.

Can it be that it was all so simple then,
    Or has time rewritten every line?
    If we had the chance to do it all again,
    Tell me? would we? could we?
    Memories may be beautiful and yet,
    What's too painful to remember
    We simply choose to forget.
    So it's the laughter
    We will remember,
    Whenever we remember
    The way we were;
    The way we were.

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

I miss my j.w. family sometimes, but I don't miss the Borg. It would be nice to be able to call up my elder brother and chat. We use to be close.

I miss him.

• riz
    riz

no

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Thanks all for the replies - I feel better knowing its a "normal" feeling.

To lose the contact w/family members - that's probably where the homesickness comes from (sigh)...this too shall pass.

Gopher - thanks for the song - lol I know what I'll be humming all day at work tommorrow!!!!

• mouthy
    mouthy

My Lament!!!!

I look upon my life today

And wish that I had known

there was an easier way

For my children I could have shown

Instead of hours of rushing out

To meetings, doors,& halls

Distant towns,& cities too

Waiting for advice from the Watchtower crew

There was just ONE -who's voice to hear

Who said "Be still my friend"

My Yoke is light-your in my sight

No need to rush around each night

In freezing rain,in snow & heat

Expressing you have "comely feet"

Many of you work in pain

A Need THEY say your life to gain

He paid the price for you & I

Dont listen to that other LIE

So lift that yoke ,put on that cloak

Salvations HIS to give

Lets Watch our way,keep in HIS ray

His light will shine our path today....

--------------------------------------------------------------Ducking from the stonings..Thats how much I miss the Borg.

• rebel
    rebel

What I miss is that feeling that I had at last found the meaning to everything. I felt I could cope with such bad things as a JW. I thought I knew all the answers because they were all in the WT in black and white. It seemed to help me cope with the loss of my daughter because I was so sure I would see her again. Now I don't know what to think and I get panicky sometimes thinking about it. Sometimes I think it may be better to stick with it because, without it, there is nothing. I hate all the hypocrisy but I miss the hope.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

(((Mouthy))) - you are a gentle & beautiful spirit!

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger
    Sometimes I think it may be better to stick with it because, without it, there is nothing. I hate all the hypocrisy but I miss the hope.

Or maybe - there's more rebel -you never know. God said to "seek" him - it sounds as if you're on your way. In that there is hope - and the knowledge that God reads your heart - not a JC - not an elder, not any single witness at the hall.

• borgfree
    borgfree

Mouthy,

I agree with you.

I do not miss the meetings, we have much better ones, when we want them, they are called support group meetings.

I do not miss the assemblies or conventions, we have MUCH better ones.

I do not miss the spirituality, it never existed there. Now I have the real thing.

I do not miss the worship we gave to God at the meetings,... Oh, I guess we didn't do that after all. Never mind.

After years of being treated so coldly by my family, I guess I am getting over missing them. I want the best for them, and that would mean they will have to leave the cult.

I guess I don't miss anything of the Watchtower organization anymore, thank God.

Borgfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit