Recent Observation: "Even if it's true..."

by freemindfade 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

In my family circle, the truth of the news reports is not disputed. They are ,however, shrugged off as "one bad apple" or just that body of bozo elders" . Even the current GB are held in low esteem compared to the likes of Knorr & F Franz....but of course "it is still the Truth!"

For comparison , The NWT (2013) renders Lev 5.1:

‘If someone* sins because he has heard a public call to testify*+ and he is a witness or has seen or learned about it and he does not report it, then he will answer for his error.

Out of their own mouth be it said

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

It's the best thing out there, or the religious organization less corrupt today..

In other words Jehovah is saying, " oh hell, they are all bad but this group (JW)

I'm not sure about them. I get confuse when I look at their doctrine".

• Half banana
    Half banana

Since JWs are in denial, they place the idea that they are doing God’s will above the nagging doubts that they might have got things wrong. Any new evidence to expose their lack of rational foundation is dismissed as another attack on their impregnable mental castle. Trouble is that the Watchtower castle is built in the air and all who live there are living in an imaginary world. They can stay airbourne as long as they don’t start questioning and reasoning.

The dream and the self satisfied smiles, the cherished hopes, the feeling of safety shared with the jolly crowd of fellow drones... all end with conceding at last that the WTS belief system is wrong.

The JW cannot afford to permit the idea they are wrong, their whole happiness hinges on it. ”It is still the truth” they keep comforting each other with...even though some can see it all crumbling.

It’s holding on to the dream which counts for Jehovah’s Witnesses. Holding on to the dream, even if it’s wrong, makes you a JW hero.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

I'm so far away from this mentality now that it seems incredibly bizarre, and when I speak to JW's.....I must seem like an alien to them.

The STANDARD coping technique and well as the STANDARD excuse for wrongdoing amongst elders is that any retelling of a story, experience, or even if you were directly involved......is suspect and impossible for the hearer to really "know for sure".

I mean this is engrained in their mentality.

Yet somehow any story that makes its way back to headquarters from wherever in the world is touted at each convention....anonymously.

• disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2
    "They are more right than everyone else"! Said my husband after one of our rows when he couldn't think of anything else to say.
  • OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

I am sooo thirsty. Even if this glass is full of cyanide, I will drink it to quench my thirst.

That makes about the same sense.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

James Mixon - "Jehovah: 'Oh hell, they are all bad but this group... I'm not sure about them. I get confused when I look at their doctrine.'"

:laughing:

Reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Homer dreamed that he'd talked to God...

God - "My son went down to Earth once. I don't know what you people did to him, but he hasn't been the same since."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit