Recent Observation: "Even if it's true..."

by freemindfade 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Has anyone else heard this said more frequently lately? "Even if it's true..." I have seen it said on here a few times in quotes from in family or friends responding the negative things about the org.

I heard it Tuesday night again. In a pioneer sisters comment. I think she got tongue tied a bit and it came out sounding really bad. But this I what she was in affect saying "if we hear negative things about the organization, even if they are true, we need to not listen" I shit you not. I don't think she meant it to sound like that but it did almost word for word.

My observation is this. With the org on the ropes, the Internet and bad press, it's becoming more and more difficult to write negative things off as "apostate lies". Is this a next step in theit defense system? Just outright ignore true things about us that are good? I know they have always been that way but this is way more overt. It seems desperate and hearing it is bound to rouse some who will be waking up.

Thoughts?

• Londo111
    Londo111
    Classic thought stopping.
  • blondie
    blondie
    Leviticus 5:1The Message (MSG)

5 “If you sin by not stepping up and offering yourself as a witness to something you’ve heard or seen in cases of wrongdoing, you’ll be held responsible.

The Message (MSG)

Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson

• Splash
    Splash

Excellent Blondie. Same verse, different translations:

(GNB) Sin offerings are required in the following cases. If you are officially summoned to give evidence in court and do not give information about something you have seen or heard, you must suffer the consequences.

(GW) The LORD continued, "Now, if you are a witness under oath and won't tell what you saw or what you know, you are sinning and will be punished. "

(ISV) "If someone sins because he has fails to testify after receiving notice to testify as a witness regarding what he has observed or learned, he is to be held responsible."

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

i used to hear it and say it ALL THE TIME - "Even if it's true, that still doesn't prove that this isn't Jehovah's organization."

Somebody SLAP me!

Marina

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

In their mind they're jumping ahead to "if it's true it proves this is a false religion" and they're trying to get out ahead of that conclusion by directly countering it. Essentially they're making the logical fallacy of appeal to consequences.

I'm not sure if this is going to become institutionalized, though. I think there are too many people on the fence that would find it very difficult indeed to see the leadership go from "ignore apostate lies" to "ignore anything you hear outside of what we tell you, even if what you're hearing is true." That's the sort of thing that could be the final straw for many to go online and see just what these true things they're saying are.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

Even if it's true that the Organization is using its members as an alternative energy source----It's still the Truth.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And, what if it's not just one isolated incident? You hear stories about how someone kidnapped a girl and raped her for many years, holding her a prisoner, and raping the children that resulted from this--and was a jokehovian. This itself isn't necessarily a bad reflection on the religion--if, once the hounders found out what was going on, they would take legal and judicial action. But when rubbish like that is swept under the rug until the worldly authorities find out, even though the hounders knew it was going on, what does that say about the organization? And was anything done to the hounders for hiding this, such as removing them from their positions and possibly even disfellowshipping them as accessories?

Now, that's just one incident. What about more widespread problems? You hear right from their own littera-trash that they are being expected to throw away all their funds. Throw away your funds, max out your credit cards for the Worldwide Damnation Fund, throw away perfectly good items and buy "acceptable" copies of them at crap mart. Then, quit your job and pious-sneer. That is not just one isolated incident, but widespread. And, I suppose within the next few weeks, you are going to hear more about children being deprived of simple pleasures (think: Ice Cream Cones) and being expected to throw away their allowances. This cannot be blamed on a single rogue jokehovian with a few rogue hounders. This is coming straight from the top!

Maybe it's time to disregard anything POSITIVE from the organization that comes from without. While very few kidnap people or kill and eat babies, they all urge people to empty their wallets, bank accounts, and credit lines--even children--into the Worldwide Damnation Fund. In time, with the economic collapse, this--combined with not being allowed to develop a marketable skill or to learn to do things yourself, is going to do a lot more damage and to a lot more people than those isolated cases. And it will be widespread.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    It just goes to show how far gone these ones are. It truly is shocking but we are finding that not too much shocks us anymore.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I don't believe it will become institutionalized on the top level, the GB will NEVER say even if its true... the R&F are searching for their own coping with the barrage coming at them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit