Bday Party - no beheadings

by jack2 14 Replies latest jw friends

• jack2
    jack2

My daughter attended a birthday party yesterday. There were several other teens and two parents present. I am happy to report that there were no beheadings.

I guess the absence of any petulant Pharaohs or cowardly Herods who cave into the demands of vindictive mothers of belly dancers may account for the fact that no beheadings occured.

There were also no reports of shameless revelry or bouts of drunkness.

Edited by - jack2 on 28 October 2002 21:38:32

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Now where's the fun in that???

Your giving apostates everywhere a bad name

hhahahah glad you had a good time

Ven

• LB
    LB

Hopefully all were able to pass the traditional apostate crack pipe.

It was sort of sad when my JW grandson's first birthday recently passed us by. I'm looking forward to my non JW grandaughters party in a couple of months.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Isn't it incredible, now that we look back, to see how pathetic some of the WTS rules were. To keep innocent kids from having a great time at a birthday party. It means so much to kids, and yet NO they must keep seperate, and miss out, and be made fun of.

Nevermind the fact that there are a couple of birthdays talked about in the bible celebrated by good Godly people.

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT
    Nevermind the fact that there are a couple of birthdays talked about in the bible celebrated by good Godly people.

Exactly!!! like Jobs kids for one HELLOOOOO!!!! So not fair!!!

ven

• Gopher
    Gopher

But Venice, Job's kids got killed when a windstorm hit their house! See, Jehovah allows Satan to send windstorms to every family's house whenever a birthday has been celebrated!!

Right? Right? Oh, I guess not.

Edited by - Gopher on 28 October 2002 17:28:14

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

ohhh barf!!! You were a good JW in your day weren't you ahhahahaha

Ven

Edited by - VeniceIT on 28 October 2002 17:29:7

Edited by - VeniceIT on 28 October 2002 17:29:28

• out4good3
    out4good3

Where are those?

I'd love to show them to my wife....

• Gopher
    Gopher

Out4good,

Read Job 1:4. It makes a definite allusion to each child having a special celebration "each on their own day". What special day could it POSSIBLY be talking about??? Hmmmmm????

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

........just one question: Did someone blow out the BD candles and make a wish? If so, you may be reported anyway....

Just kidding. I never understood that rule. My mother obeyed it of course, so BD's ended in our home when I was thirteen. There was this one sister and she always had a "cake" for her kids on their "day". I have to admire her for doing her own thing, despite the rules. She was considered "weak".

I mean, we couldn't even have turkey ON Thanksgiving. If it was the day before, or the day after, it was ok. Go figure. I suppose when you are hypnotized and lose your own opinion, rationality and common sense go out the window.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit