Bday Party - no beheadings

by jack2 14 Replies latest jw friends

• jack2
    jack2

One reason I posted this is that I have always felt that the reasons given for the prohibition of birthday celebrations were very questionable, at best. I allow my daughter to attend some; mostly, all they are is a gathering of teens anyway, and all of them have been well-supervised by parents.

As Karen mentions, many Witnesses 'adapt' holidays anyway. And yes, it is interesting how some say it's okay to have turkey close to thanksgiving day but not on that day.

Edited by - jack2 on 29 October 2002 10:5:32

• r51785
    r51785

They only had beheadings in Bible times because no one had invented pinatas yet!

• Farkel
    Farkel

jack,

: My daughter attended a birthday party yesterday. There were several other teens and two parents present. I am happy to report that there were no beheadings.

You just got lucky. Beheadings at birthday parties happen routinely. You were "playing with the true words of Jehovah" and his "spirit-directed organization" and "eating at the plate of demons."

I guarantee you as the Watchtower Printing Corporation is my witness that the NEXT birthday party a kid goes to with your permission, SOMEONE will get beheaded.

This is all Bible-Based and not to be trifled with. Birthday parties = beheadings.

Farkel

• jack2
    jack2

Farkel,

I should know better than to trifle with Bible-based cousel (I like how you used the term "Bible-based" - second time now on a thread of mine, lol ).

Next party, I may have to go along and check out the kitchen cutlery, just to make sure.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Fark...LOL

Personally, beheadings always spice up a dull party with that serial murder flair that we came to love so much in Jeffrey Dahmer.

There goes the old saying, "A head in the hand is worth two in the closet," and "Birthdays and murder, perfect together"

ash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit