were you scared to become an apostate?

by shera 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• shera
    shera

When I fisrt left the organization,I was always full of duobt that it was the truth.I can remember ,becoming an apostate,was the unforgivable sin.For about 10 years I wouldnot "say"the "religion"was untrue and full of lies.Even tho I was never going to go back.Ater I have heard a lot of the "B.S" about this so called religion,was I peaceful saying this was lies.

I am now a proud APOSTATE

• shera
    shera

darn...i get embarressed when i see speeling reeors..i did proof read.lol

• ballistic
    ballistic

I went for years not telling anyone I used to be part of the religion. Then one day I just let it all out and went round telling all my friends the whole story. It was a great relief.

• neyank
    neyank

"I am now a proud APOSTATE"

You are now a proud member of the 'Apostates Are Us club!

It's actually funny how the JWS don't really know what that word means.

The WTS has put its own definition to the word and the JWs follow it hook line and sinker.

Apostate to them means:
    'an evil wicked person that has turned thier back on God by not doing or believing what we tell them.'

Apostate by Funk & Wagnalls Dictionary defines it as:
    'desertion of ones faith,party or principles'

In other words: to change ones mind. to no longer believe what you once did.

There is nothing wicked or evil in that.

Anyone that once belonged to a different religion and then became a JW IS an APOSTATE.
    Anyone that was once a democrat and then became a republican or vice versa IS an APOSTATE.
    Anyone that once believed something but no longer believe it IS an APOSTATE.

So acording to the real definition of the word, how can being aan apostate be bad?
    All it means is that a person changed thier mind on what to believe.

I see no evil or wickedness in that.
    People change thier minds on what to believe constantly.
    It has nothing to do with turning ones back on God.

The WTS has built that word up to mean something really really bad.
    And in many cases it works.
    How many of us thought that beig an apostate was being an evil person?

That's because we listened to the WTS and didn't check up on what they were teaching us.

And when we finnally did, we realized that the WTS was nothing but hogwash.

So are we all apostates?

YOU BET WE ARE!!!!!!

Funny thing is, the WTS has also aposasized.
    THEY are also apostates because they have changed thier teachings over the years.
    So they now believe something different than what they once did.
    Acording to the dictionary, THEY ARE APOSTATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

neyank

• shera
    shera

Thanks for you reply,

Just a question,were any of you taught it was an unforgivable sin?

• yucca
    yucca

THE UNFORGIVABLE SIN IS DENIAL OF JESUS CHRIST. THE JW DO NOT GIVE JESUS THE HONOR GLORY WORSHIP HE DESERVES. JESUS SAID YOU WILL BE WITNESSES OF ME. JW ARE THE APOSTATES. REV CHAPTER 20 IS GOOD TO READ BUT DO NOT READ NWT BECAUSE THEY TWIST EVERYTHING. CHAP 20 TALKS ABOUT THE 1000 YR REIGN OF CHRIST ON EARTH AND THE FIRST RESURRECTION WHERE THOSE ONES WILL REIGN WITH HIM. GOD BLESS

• dottie
    dottie

I never realized that I was an apostate till I started reading up on the jw's and posting here as well. I wonder what my mom's going to think??!!?? *LOL*

Dottie

Although now I am a very HAPPY apostate than an unhappy JW. :)

Edited by - dottie on 27 October 2002 13:11:56

• Shakita
    Shakita

Hi shera:

Apostate: definition-"a dog returning to it's vomit."

This was repeatedly drummed into my head all the years I was a JW. The first time I heard this was from a woman in the hall who was describing her (fleshly)sister who returned to the Catholic Church after leaving the JW organization. I was shocked. At the time I thought that was a horrible thing to say. But I was just studying. When I became indoctrinated, I (just like all the assimilated) agreed with the dog's vomit scripture. Now, of course, that verse just turns my stomach! Now, I see the DOG as the JW's and the VOMIT as the rules from the WTBS. The dog is always returning to the vile vomit that the WTBS throws up for its members to swallow!!!!!!!

I think I'll go have a snack now

Shakita

• shera
    shera

Sometimes I don't think I payed much attetion during the meetings...too bad.

JESUS SAID YOU WILL BE WITNESSES OF ME
    That is so true!That was something that always stood out in my mind.The teach ,they will be hated because of Jehovah and they are Jehovah's "witnesses".Jesus said they will be hated because of him(Jesus) and be his witnesses.
  • Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Hi Shera

Yes I was scared to become an apostate...in fact I refused to go near anything that hinted at being 'apostate'.

It wasn't until I read COC by Ray Franz that I released myself of that typified JW perception of apostasy.

~Beck~

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit