were you scared to become an apostate?

by shera 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

My opinion is that the braindead Dubs who stay in the org. are the REAL apostates, as they have chosen to follow men instead of God.

Pope

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Before I left, I sorta had it in my mind that all of the "apostates" were born-again Christians, which was part of what made me stay. In general I am not attracted to conservative, evangelical protestantism, and I thought that would be my only choice if I left, so I stayed JW because I thought it was the lesser of two evils. So yes, I was scared to become an apostate. The whole "where else are you gonna go?" JW mindset kept me in long after I started experiencing some heavy cognitive dissonance.

• shera
    shera

I want to read that book..COC by Ray Franz .I have to go out and get my self a copy.

• Mackin
    Mackin
    Yes I was scared to become an apostate...in fact I refused to go near anything that hinted at being 'apostate'.

Beck,

I can identify with your comment above. I felt exactly the same way. But when I began to realise that the 'dubs were not all they were cracked up to be and subsequently left, then I realised that I was, by their definition, an apostate.

Not long a go a former JW friend asked me if I was an apostate, and I proudly answered "by JW standards, YES!" Funny thing, I've not herd from him since.

Mackin

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

at first i was scared(mainly of what my j-dub parents think). but now....please!... THE J MUTHER FUC*IN WITNESSES CAN KISS MY J-DUB HATING ASS!..I AM AN EVER LOVIN APOSTATE AND AINT A DAMN THING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit