60% of Jehovah's Witnesses leaving?

by cherjcd 19 Replies latest jw friends

• cherjcd
    cherjcd

Hi everyone,

I have just posted some of the audio from the 2002 Witnesses Now for Jesus Convention at http://www.jwinfoline.com/Page/audio_tapes_of_month.htm More to come shortly.

On Sunday evening a Jehovah's Witness still active in the Watchtower and said that 55 - 60% of Jehovah's Witnesses have stopped attending in some kingdom halls. Has anyone else noticed a significant drop in Kingdom Hall attendance? Is there something big going on inside the WT organization that outsiders may not be aware of?

Also what is up with non-JW's having to pick up their Watchtower subscriptions at the Kingdom Hall? Is the WT pulling in the troups and heading for the hills?

Cheryl

• Farkel
    Farkel

Cheryl,

: On Sunday evening a Jehovah's Witness still active in the Watchtower and said that 55 - 60% of Jehovah's Witnesses have stopped attending in some kingdom halls. Has anyone else noticed a significant drop in Kingdom Hall attendance? Is there something big going on inside the WT organization that outsiders may not be aware of?

This is a good example of misused and deceptive statistics. "Some kingdom halls" is the dead give-away. There are 80,000+ Kingdom Halls. "Some" could represent any number greater than one. If two Kingdom Halls had say, 10 publishers and a family of 5 left each hall, then it would be correct to say that "in some Kingdom Halls half of JWs have left." It sounds like a spectacular exodus, but in my example it just means that only TWO families quit the dubs out of 6,000,000 members and in the final analysis is meaningless. That is not to say that overall WT numbers are not stagnating and declining in first-world countries, because they are. But there is yet no mass exodus overall.

: Also what is up with non-JW's having to pick up their Watchtower subscriptions at the Kingdom Hall? Is the WT pulling in the troups and heading for the hills?

This could be due to several factors and they've all been discussed in this forum. One reasons is it is cheaper to have the rank and file JWs pick up their magazines at the hall. It saves pennies on each subscription, but over the broad spectrum, saves a lot of money for the WTS. For the WTS it is ALL about money.

It is also cheaper for the WTS to make dubs spend their own money and time and gas delivering magazines for each existing subscription to "worldly people" who subscribe.

The other possible reason is control. The WTS is well aware that "apostates" use the society's very own literature to prove the WTS is fraud, a scam and a religious racket. I know several "apostates" who subscribed before this change and the society (who knew who they were) would not honor the subscription. This "you received freely, give free" admonition of Jesus has finally been abandoned by the WTS. Like the true Cult they are, they have clamped down on dispensing their crap freely to anyone who requests it. They are aware that their very own printed words condemn them with each new piece of garbage they print.

And yes, they are "pulling in the troops." Cults do that when times get tough.

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 27 October 2002 0:31:37

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

Doesn't sound like anything new. When I left 6 years ago, only 55% of all publishers on file attended regularly. I am not one to get excited about statistics like this, I know they have had this problem for years. As example, compare the memorial attendance to your normal Sunday Meeting.

Sorry to be the party popper.

My thought

Dragon

PS : When my wife and I became inactive, we were still counted as publishers for 6 months. So that lowered their percentage level too.

Edited by - kenpodragon on 27 October 2002 0:29:26

• wednesday
    wednesday

I have wondered for some time about why they stopped subs-it is so traditional.. But in part it may be due to rising costs of everything and secondly it may be a way to control who has access to the publications. Of course jw still place mags with people ,and they still leave them at not at homes-unless theat has changed. Anyway, i have felt from the start it was a way to contol access to them. perhaps trying to stop the publication of them on boards like this.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Also what is up with non-JW's having to pick up their Watchtower subscriptions at the Kingdom Hall?

It is fulfillment of scripture: Revelation 13:11-18

Think of the "hope" that they push, and discern verse 11.

Think of their "mouthpiece(s)" (the WT and Awake!), and the propaganda of "peace" that both push, and also discern verse 11.

Jeremiah 6:14 Jeremiah 8:8-12

Think of the Judaism and the Law Covenant, and discern verse 12.

Think of their illusion of power, by means of the threat of Armageddon, and discern verse 13.

Think of what they call themselves (the "truth") in light of whom my Lord said is The Truth (John 14:6) and discern who their "father" is by means of that LIE, and thus discern who it is that TRULY grants them to "perform signs", and discern what the "image of the wild beast that HAD the swordstroke, yet survived" (the Jewish system, under regulation by means of the Law Covenant, which was IMPALED with Christ, and yet, under which they STILL attempt to "bind" people), and discern verse 14.

John 14:6 Jeremiah 30:12, 13, 17 Jeremiah 33:5, 6 Deuteronomy 32:39

Think of the "image of the wild beast" (for an "image" is not the real thing, but a REFLECTION of it!), the wild beast, the head that received the death-stroke but was healed, being the JEWISH "SYSTEM" as regulated by the Law Covenant, which Law was "done away with by means of CHRIST," but which they STILL attempt to "breath life into" and thus LIVE BY, and discern verse 15.

2 Corinthians 3:12-18

Think of all of its members: doctors, lawyers, janitors, housewives... and those they influence: diplomats, politicians, judicial officers... and those who they RECOGNIZE as "belonging" to them, and discern verse 16.

And now think of who it is that can "buy or sell" among them... who it is that one can receive any of their literature/publications and by what means... and think of your question... and discern verse 17.

The number of the wild beast, my dear one, are those who CLAIM to be "anointed", those who SAY, "I am a christ" (an anointed one), those who CLAIM to worship God and have a FORM of godly devotion... but prove false to its power. It is those... who are IMPOSTERS... who are the children of Satan... those who are found to be UNINVITED guests are the marriage feasts... by means NOT having on a "marriage garment"... LOVE (for we are to "clothe" ourselves with love...), who show this truth by means of their very "hatred" of their brother(s)... as well as a lack of love... of their "enemies."

They are not what they APPEAR... to be.

I, myself, SJ, a slave of Christ, have spoken it to you just as I have heard it from my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, the Son and Christ of the Holy One of Israel, whose name is JAH... of Armies... just as I have heard it, so I have spoken it to you.

Again, I bid you peace.

• Imbue
    Imbue

Everyone has to pick up their WT mags at the KH currently. They are no longer mailing mags to anyone.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Now, I don't know about the US, but we have laws in the UK regarding our 'green transport policy'. This works through companies and does everything it can to limit car usage. I wonder how the government would feel about the Watchtower's magazine distribution system then?

• ISP
    ISP

The percentage is too high but there is a significant downward trend. This year's figures should take another pounding....we should have the full effect of the UN fiasco and the child abuse expose coming thru.

ISP

• Farkel
    Farkel

Shelby,

Hi!

: Think of the "hope" that they push, and discern verse 11.

I don't "discern" shit anymore. I quit doing that when I left the dubs. If the verse is right, it's right. If it's not, it's not. Nothing to "discern." If God wants us to "discern" stuff, then he is playing games with his holy books and us.

BTW, that's WatchtowerSpeak. I don't like that, either.

Farkel
    Doesn't "Discern" Shit Class

• Quotes
    Quotes

Ballistic said:

Now, I don't know about the US, but we have laws in the UK regarding our 'green transport policy'. This works through companies and does everything it can to limit car usage. I wonder how the government would feel about the Watchtower's magazine distribution system then?

Yes, there new system does sound like they are "ruining the earth" and we all know that "Dog will bring to ruin those ruining the Earth."

Maybe a phone call to the appropriate "GTP" office to get the ball rolling? After all, these are Caesars laws, which they have to follow!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit