Ozzie's Weekend Poll #23

by ozziepost 28 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

3. Estimated (to the nearest 10! !)<~~~That would be me.

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

#3 just estimating I would round up the 10, 15 minutes to an hour, I think there may be only two occasions where I ever made a 10 or more and that brings me to ----

#6 some of those were made up.

Edited by - imanaliento on 27 October 2002 14:10:23

• Mulan
    Mulan

I had a chart that I kept inside my call book. It was like an expanded time slip, with the whole month on it. At the end of each day, I would enter my time, RV's, placements, BS's, etc. That was when I was pioneering.

The last several years, I made it up.

• LB
    LB

Marilyn I was thinking about what you wrote, how carefully you kept track. I was pretty anal about those things myself for awhile. After all Jehovah wanted me to keep careful records right? Then I started thinking that I was just an idiot, so easily brainwashed that I had to be pathetic.

But it really isn't like that is it. I mean we really did try to do out best. I wanted to be a good example to my family and to others in the congregation. I'm sure you did too. Didn't you honestly feel like you were there to help people? I ignored lots of gossip and garbage only because I really thought this is where we are supposed to be. I'm sure you did too.

I am very sure I was brainwashed in a very subtle way. It was effective.

OK, enough hyjacking.

Edited by - LB on 27 October 2002 15:34:23

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

YOU'RE ALL DIWATSASHIPPED!!!

lol@LB

uncle'all of the above'

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

LB, I was pretty much like you! Started out real good, but by the end, what report!!! LOL

• Mulan
    Mulan

Hi Al. Yes, I ignored so much, until it just all collapsed. Dave helped it too.............he kept adding to it for me. I finally quit turning in time, except every 3 or 4 months. Our book study conductor was my best friend's husband and he didn't want to confront me, so didn't. I would get nervous and turn in fake time just to keep the elders away.

When I was pioneering, I was pretty loose about my time. I rounded it off to the next hour, and never kept track of the 15 minutes or 25 minutes. An hour was fine. Didn't bother my conscience either.

• JH
    JH

6. Made it all up!

When I had no time to go out in the field service that is.(very rare)

Otherwise, I was quite honest +- 5 hours...

• shamus
    shamus

Was very honest....
    When I quit going out, quit handing in my time.......

Didn't even feel bad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit