Ozzie's Weekend Poll #23

by ozziepost 28 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all,

How's the weekend going for you? Here in the great sunburnt country it's time to put the feet up and relax with a good cuppa, whilst I guess the north american posters and lurkers are still raging on Saturday eve.

Wherever you are, take a few minutes to just relax and unwind and enjoy reminiscing.

Here's this weekend's poll question:

How did you keep a record of your hours?

1. Entered the activity on a Field Srvice Report slip at the end of each day.

2. Kept a record in my diary.

3. Estimated (to the nearest 10! !)

4. Asked my wife/husband/mother/father...well, anyone!

5. Told the book study overseer to fill in the report himself.

6. Made it all up!

7. Report? What report??

8. Waited till the Service overseer/book study overseer phoned!

9. Went to everyone in my group collecting their reports, to tell them what a wonderful month of "activity" I'd had.

10. Other (please detail)

Enjoy! We look forward to your responses!!

Cheers, Ozzie

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Number 3 came close. I rounded it all up to at least 10 Especially when I was auxillary pioneering with two youngins'. It was sacrilege to put anything less than 10 down, especially since I lived in the PMQs (military family housing) - where the dubs were banned and I and a couple others could walk unfettered by military police.

my confession for the day

Mimilly

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Ahh, the "rounding"!! I reckon most did it, eh?

Ozzie

• Princess
    Princess

While I was still "loyal" I wrote it on my calendar each time. When I quit caring I wrote in whatever number I wanted. Eventually I quit turning in time because not only did I not go out in service but it was none of their damn business!

Please tell Mrs Ozzie hello. I loved the pictures you sent Mulan, they were great! Glad you all enjoyed the goodies.

Rachel

• LB
    LB

During my first year....

1. Entered the activity on a Field Srvice Report slip at the end of each day.

Year #2

3. Estimated (to the nearest 10! !)

Year #3

6. Made it all up!

Year #4 and on

7. Report? What report??
  • wednesday
    wednesday

When i was active-i used to write it on my calendar. Eventaully i quit going ou in service but to avoid being talked with about it it used to put in a really low number and apease my conscience by dropping some literature off at a laundry mat.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

When I was 'Pioneering', anything over 40 hours was counted at 'time and a half'! One time I bought a house on my coffee break, and of course kept the clock running!

Outaservice (but still countin my time!)

• Mackin
    Mackin

While i was still a good 'dub: # 2

While I was trying to create the impression of a good dub: # 3

When I was on the way out: # 6

Near the end: # 7

Mackin.

• Englishman
    Englishman

My recollections are that after 6 months of reporting at least one hours publishing each month, a chappy could then be called a "Regular publisher". Miss a month and you were demoted to "Irregular publisher". Miss 6 months and you were deemed "Inactive".

"Inactives" were anathema to any overseer, so we would often drag some reprobate dub out on the mag work every 6 months so's to have no inactives reflecting badly on the PO.

Englishman.

• Prisca
    Prisca

1. Entered the activity on a Field Service Report slip at the end of each day. Yes

3. Estimated (to the nearest 10! !) Sometimes (to the nearest hour)

6. Made it all up! Sometimes if I forgot to record it somewhere. Towards the end, I added a couple of extra hours to make it look I was still getting in my normal quota.

10. Other (please detail) Can I count posting on ex-JW sites?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit