JW Broadcasting is dying.

by John Aquila 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

Once a month about 15 to 20 elderly JW publishers would meet at the kingdom hall and one elder was assigned to set up the system so they could view JW Broadcasting. These publishers were long time pioneers, former elders, and long –time publishers who know nothing about computers or the internet. They are the last batch of those expecting the generation that saw 1914 or understood it--- to not die off.

Last night they announce in my old hall that the brothers would not be assigning anyone anymore to show JW broadcasting and so, it was the responsibility of these elderly ones to get the internet and take classes and learn how to use it to view JW Broadcasting.

A couple of the elderly sisters who are widowed were crying because they felt they were being left behind by Jehovah. A couple of the elders sat the sisters down and told them that Abraham was over a hundred years old when he had to raise a child and he did not cry about it. They were told that they were lacking in faith and they needed to correct that.

After the lecture, the elders asked the elderly sisters if they could make some meals for the pioneers during the pioneer school. They gave them a list, turkey the first day and a Roast the next day.

My mom who was telling me about it was very upset. I told her, “Mom, don’t feel bad, wasn’t it the other way around during Jesus‘s time? Jesus the real pioneer, provided a meal for 5,000 men women and children who were not pioneering. So if they really want to imitate Jesus, then the pioneers should provide meals for you and all your elderly friends.”

She was furious. Today she called one of the elders and told him she could not provide any more meals, -- to get someone else to cook. For the first time she has refused to provide a meal to the pioneers. She said she will never do it again.

She is finally starting to see the hypocrisy and lack of love.

Are the Kingdom Halls cancelling showing JW Broadcasting at the Kingdom Hall?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

How rude to not keep showing the older ones!

And in the next breath, ask them to make a meal for young, able bodied pioneers??

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I'm sure there are plenty that still eat up the crap bust most jumped on the band wagon when it was knew then got off, that's what happened with my wife and oldest kid anyway. Let's not forget most would not go to meeting if no one was watching.
  • cattails
    cattails

With the Watchtower everything is take take take, the only reason they provide something like literature is because they'd lose tax-free status if they sold stuff.

Of course they do expect donations for everything they provide.

With the videos at the Kingdom Hall it's the same bait and switch story, get people into watching it then make them donate through their noses!

What a bunch of mind dead drones those elders are, where is the love and honor for the elderly?

But you know who gets all the attention, the "able-bodied young men and women" those who can benefit the organization, the older ones are already used up and discarded. This makes me so angry!

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Yes, I keep hearing example after example of such pathetic behavior but this one is really bad.
  • done4good
    done4good

The cavalier attitude towards the elderly is disgusting. WT just does not care.

d4g

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

wow, wow, and wow. omg, Im glad I want there Id have lost it, and someone would have had to drag me out of the building. self righteous fools those ones are who uttered those words.

It really makes me sick to hear how these people think that in order to have Gods favor, they need to view tv evangelism, hear talks, go door to door and make food.

these elderly people are so blind, you would think at that age they would see they do not need to follow men.

they have a bible, that's all they need.

• Stealth
    Stealth

If there was only one older sister that came, they should host it. What jerks!

• millie210
    millie210

This really burns me.

That is their truest and most sincere core group. Idiots!

Im glad your mom is not cooking but Im still mad at the thought of the skewed reasoning of the arrogant snots that call themselves elders.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

I remember back in the 60's carrying a booklet published by the WTBTS that was to be used to teach people how to read so they could understand the bible. Now the same organization abandons their elderly who swallowed all that tripe hook line and sinker.

I can't help but feel sorry for those elderly ones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit