NWT IS "THE BEST AVAILABLE" Translation

by plmkrzy 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

A barrage? I would have been excited to see. But could not access my account back east. Seems Yahoo wants me to PAY for that service now. But I only have one active email account now. So they are probably floating somewhere in hyper space. sob.

I'll send you an email and check it against the addy you have in your address book. It is probably one that was deactivated. Then SEND THEM AGAIN!

• AlanF
    AlanF

For Clash and Plmkrzy:

My take on "dynamic equivalence"? It's a valid way of enhancing the understanding of readers. The various methods of translation, including this one, ultra-literal and middle-of-the-road, have their good and not-so-good points. To get a good understanding of certain Bible passages, I've found it helpful to consult a variety of translations, as well as translation commentaries, lexicons, wordbooks and so forth. Good translation is a real art, and as with all art, there are any number of opinions about what translations are good.

AlanF

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I have a question to Alan if this doesn't sound to medioker.

Not to sure if I will ask this clearly enough but, is there any particular reason why some interpret "prophetic" scripture as "literal"?

• emancipated
    emancipated

IF you like whacked out translations the NWT is awesome.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I forgot all about this thread already. Alan never responded...guess my question was too stupid for him? oh well

plum

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit