Do you still call on God, by the name Jehovah?

by LyinEyes 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

The other night I was upset and decided to pray to God. I was outside looking at the stars and wondering if I was talking to myself or if He is really out there somewhere.

As I prayed I didnt know who to address, I have said Jehovah, Jesus, Father, who ever is out there please hear me. I don' t mean to be disrespectful in saying it that way , but just confused.

Many of you know we havent been to a meeting in over a year . My son the youngest, 8 was praying today and said,,,,,,,,," Dear God, Jehovah..........thanks for the chicken,,,, I love mama, in Jesus' name Amen." After all this time, without his dad or me, praying out loud in Jehovah's name , it is still engrained in his little mind.

Just wondering if any of you , who try to pray, still say Jehovah, or feel you should? I know it probably makes no difference what you call the higher power, but curious as to how you feel, even if you are confused.

• Satanus
    Satanus

No, i call on fark-el, the god of no worries.

SS

• shera
    shera

When I pray to God I use God Almighty

I don't feel I have to use Jehovah,well I must say I used to years ago.I'm one of those people who doesn't believe God's name is Jehovah,some catholic monk came up with the name Jehovah.I feel like its renaming God.I'm not sure if God cares or does not care.I choose not to.

• musky
    musky

Sometimes I say "heavenly father" other times "Jehovah". Lately I don't know if anyone is out there though. I just prayed a couple hours ago for some answers...................crickets chirping.........

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

I don't pray anymore!

Faith = nil

~Beck~

ps..sorry to hear you were feeling upset Dede, Hugs!

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I can't recall the last time I prayed. It has been a while. I think I did a few times when I was on the fringe, and I still addressed him as Jehovah...

Not sure there is anyone to pray to anymore...

• Beans
    Beans

In stead of saying "Oh God" I will now say "Oh Jehovah" and if anyone questions me I will just pull out my New World Translation and point out Pslams 83:18

Beans

Canadian overbeer

• minimus
    minimus

yup, but don't tell pomegrante.

• blondie
    blondie

I remember a saying, "that's my name, don't wear it out."

It's not like I say to someone, "John I really like your tie. And John I have to say that this was a wonderful meal. And John let me say that I appreciate your friendship......"

I don't use "Jehovah" as much as I used to. I am experimenting with God, Father, Good Friend, Benefactor, Creator. As an ex-elderette easing out of the org, I don't have to give public prayers. But even in conversation I try to use Jehovah only once if at all. So far no one has noticed.

• minimus
    minimus

BLONDIE, It's amazing what they don't notice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit