The world according to the United States

by Mackin 47 Replies latest social humour

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Mackin: I loved the "map"! The only thing is, you've got Texas too small. After all, isn't Texas the center of the universe?

Beck: I tried vegemite once. It's....um... interesting. I'm curious. Is it an acquired taste? Like Scotch? Or Australian rules football?

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Warning: This comment is not for the squirmish, please look away LOL.

Hey BigTex

Have you got any kids?? Do you remember when they were first born and their very first poop? Well, what Australian's do, when the new born babies have their first black vitamin rich pooh, they scoop it up and bottle it and sell it as Vegemite. True story. I swear to goodness its true!!

That's why I eat Marmite! *gives Mackin a high five* LOL

~Beck~

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Vegemite is for pussies.

Expatbrit

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

*perks up*

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne
    Vegemite is for pussies.

So is Aussie Rules Football *ducks*

~Beck~ chanting "Go Warriors" "Go All Blacks" "Go Silver Ferns"

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Beck: Well actually I didn't want to offend anyone, but that's kinda what I thought when I tasted it. I've never had marmite though. Is that made from the baby's first poop? Actually marmite sounds like one of those tribes that are mentioned in the Old Testament.

And the Lord chastied the children of Israel, they being naughty in His sight, and sent the Marmites to smite them and take them in captivity to the land of the Vegemites . . . . .

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

*still laughing at Expat's joke*

Marmite tastes much the same as Vegemite...baby poop! But its supposed to be good for you...kinda like cod liver oil

• Mackin
    Mackin

Marmite is the Kiwi version of Vegemite. It's made by a pack of mad Seventh Day Adventists in South Auckland who run a company called Sanitarium (actually they're a very rich bunch of mad SDA's). They also make a range of very popular breakfast cereals.

Many dubs won't buy Sanitarium products because the religious organisation actually controls the business, then again many still buy the stuff anyway. The factory is closed on Saturdays.

Both Marmite and Vegimite taste like shit but you get used to it. Vegimite tastes slightly better than Marmite IMHO. They are both a good cure for dandruff. No you don't wash your hair with it, you eat it. It contains Selenium which is the main ingredient in anti-dandruff shampoo. So a slice of toast and Marmite/Vegimite a day keeps dandruff at bay.

Mackin (of the no dandruff/foul tasting toast class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit