What was youre favourite

by barry 21 Replies latest jw friends

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

OH...BOOKS!! sheesh, well I liked that Greatest Man one to. Especially the part where he held up the entire building with his brute strenght...oh wait, that's a different book.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

I liked the now hard to find

Jdubs in the divine purpose book

Dismembered

• ugg
    ugg

i did like the aide book and the revelation book.....now,,,,i cannot even look at them.......

UGG,,,, of the i have been suckered class!!!!

• dsgal
    dsgal

"AWAKENING OF A JEHOVAH'S WITNESS" by Diane Wilson.That one I could really relate to.

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

The pink colored Paradise book for the children....I think that's what it was called.

I especially liked the depiction of Armageddon with the building's falling and people running with terror on their faces...great children's book!!!

CC

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

My favorites were the Aid book and the Commentary on the Letter of James. Didn't find out till reading COC, a year or two after I left, that the authors of both had been disfellowshipped. (Ray Franz headed up the Aid book team; James Dunlap wrote the Commentary.)

GentlyFeral

• onacruse
    onacruse

Definitely The Greatest Man book.

I consider it to be the only book ever published by the WTS that stuck with the clear and simple message of the Bible. No convoluted prophetic interpretations, no "we-are-the-chosen of God" themes, no "be this, do that" counsel, no reading between the lines...just good old down-to-earth human experiences.

K.I.S.S.

Craig

• mustang
    mustang

A rolled up Watchtower is good for smashing spiders; but so is an Awake.

Mustang

• LB
    LB

The Insight book is the most flamable

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

The Greatest Man ,, book,, without a doubt. WildTurkey was my favorite bookstudy conductor,, yeah I was a little partial,, but he was so much fun.

He would really make Jesus come alive for us and always gave us lots of homework, extra history or extra bible study.

I actually wanted that meeting to last longer , everyone would get their heads together and come up with the most heartfelt expressions. I can honestly say , I do miss those kinds of meetings.

It's it strange, that so many of us loved the Greatest Man book about Jesus. HUMMM, Maybe our hearts were in the right place the whole time and we were just misdirected . When the Jesus book was over, it was back to the WT , WT, WT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit