I am reaching my breaking point!

by gilwarrior 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• ballistic
    ballistic

gillwarrior, life is full of ups and downs. I know that sounds easy to say, but it really is. When things are getting you down, just remember that they will pan out in the end. Also, dwelling on what is bad in your life will make your problems seem worse than they are. What we need here is Positive Mental Attitude. It is all about how you percieve your situation. I used to get lonely when I was a young lad in the truth; I got married becuase of it. It was a big mistake. I have now been on my own for years and I love every minute of it. My lonliness seems a far distant memory which I find hard to comprehend now.

• shera
    shera

No matter how big or small,we are all human.If you need to cry,,,,cry.Its a good thing to release negitive feelings.I hope you find a job soon and when you meet someone be yourself,tell them you are shy and have a heard time talking to people.If they are a friend,that will be ok.I can be a shy person and I tell people I'm shy,they do most of the talking and they are ok with that.Take me as I am and if you don't like it..tooooo bad...(i love that toothy grin)

Like everyone said..try to stop gambling until you get a job.............easier said than done huh....I just wish I could reach out and give you a hug

Take it easy and hold on and keep trying,don't give up.

Take care

• Flip
    Flip
    I want to be around people and have friends, but I don't know how to talk to anyone. I get nervous around new people and I don't know how to react. I don't get it.

Smile at Strangers, Look into Their Eyes, and Say Hello

Have you ever noticed or thought about how little eye contact most of us have with strangers? Why? Are we afraid of them? What keeps us from opening our hearts to people we dont know?

I dont really know the answers to these questions, but I do know that there is virtually always a parallel between our attitude toward strangers and our overall level of happiness. In other words, its unusual to find a person who walks around with his head down, frowning and looking away from people, who is secretly a peaceful, joyful person.

Im not suggesting its better to be outgoing than introverted, that you need to expend tons of extra energy trying to brighten others days, or that you should pretend to be friendly. I am suggesting, however, that if you think of strangers as being a little more like you and treat them not only with kindness and respect but with smiles and eye contact as well, youll probably notice some pretty nice changes in yourself. Youll begin to see that most people are just like youmost of them have families, people they love, troubles, concerns, likes, dislikes, fears, and so forth. Youll also notice how nice and grateful people can be when youre the first one to reach out. When you see how similar we all are, you begin to see the innocence in all of us. In other words, even though we often mess up, most of us are doing the best that we know how with the circumstances that surround us. Along with seeing the innocence in people comes a profound felling of inner happiness.

Dont Sweat the Small StuffR. Calson Ph.d

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hello Gil, I am sorry to hear how bad you feel, It is not easy and I can't offer any easy sollution

Meeting new people is hard for some of us , I can never instigate a conversation. Does your area have anything you can join? Evening classes? Charity work even? It is a lot easier to meet people when you are coming together for a reason to be together....just a thought ...

Contininue to vent here! .

• Jesika
    Jesika

Hang in there Gil, I understand the job thing, it took me 6months to find a job and I lost it this past Sat after only 3wks. Chin up sweetheart, it will get better.

(((((((((((((((((((((((GIL))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit