Which meeting was the worst?

by freedom96 29 Replies latest jw friends

• freedom96
    freedom96

I absolutely detested the watchtower study. Never did an hour go by so slow. There would the 20 or so paragraphs that had to read and answered, and I would watch the clock. As it neared an hour, sometimes I would get excited knowing that it was almost over, but sometimes they were still on paragraph 15. Did they stop on time? No! Of course they had to finish, even if that meant going overtime by 5, 10 or 15 minutes. That was truly hell.

Going out in service was horrible too. Especially as a kid, and if you were working the neighborhood you lived in, or went to school. The idea of running into friends terrified me.

And then, being a kid, dressed in a suit, having to hang with your parents after the meeting or service, going off to run errands or something, and having to wear that suit the whole time, having people make weird looks. You just don't normally see kids in suits and dresses out shopping.

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

i agree the watchtower study was horrible.espically if you were a mic handler,when it went overtime.(oh sweet the witnesses are here....time to wreak some havoc....)...cool and the sister is a hottie!....be back later

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

It's hard to say which one was the worst. They were all pretty bad for me. I couldn't concentrate on what was being said. I took notes, but it was just words. The watchtower study probably was the most boring. Not only did you have to endure sitting there after the boring public talk, but you were admonished to study it beforehand, which made it even worse. I hated commenting and always felt guilty when I didn't and stupid when I did.

• shera
    shera

All of em,my daughter hated the meetings and she screamed the whole time.I spent most of my meetings in the back room or bathroom.

• shera
    shera

Windchaser,I feel the same as you do.

• Searchin50
    Searchin50

Yes i also agree the wt. study was by far the worst .

Because this is where the most indoctorination is imbeded

into the brain, it almost drove me nuts to sit and listen to

their off the wall new light on the bible.

However, I don't have to subject myself to that anymore thank God !!!!

• dsgal
    dsgal

I almost fell asleep every Sunday because of the slow,boring pace of the Watchtower study but I found the Thursday night Service meeting equally as boring.(And I was an adult.)

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

The Watchtower and Tuesday night book study was by far the worse. How many times were we told that the Watchtower Study was the most important meeting out of the 5. :barf:

But, the meeting I hated the most was the book study. Not only did we have to study the worse written books, but we were assigned the most BORING elder as a book study conductor. This guy was about 80 and very soft spoken and would drrrrrraaaagggggg the questions out so the meeting would last the whole hour (sometimes plus!!!!). What a pathetic way to spend a Tuesday night!!!

• LB
    LB

I hated the watchtower. But it was an effective tool in convincing me that I was being brainwashed. The theocractic school was the worst in my book. Followed by the anal service meeting.

• TR
    TR

District Assemblies were the worst 'hovah meetings for me. The Bethel speaker who generally made the closing speaches always went overtime about half an hour. GOD that pissed me off. Not only that, the time and expense involved to go to these droning freak shows.

TR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit