Question and answers for fisherperson regardingy time at bethel

by _Morpheus 323 Replies latest jw experiences

• Twitch
    Twitch

A message sent in private should remain such, regardless of the content. If permission is given to make it public, then ok. Otherwise, posting private messages publicly is bad form IMO

If said private content is offensive, it should be taken up with the mods/admin

• OneEyedJack
    OneEyedJack
    107 was nice. It was all young guys and we handled our own problems. They closed it down around 2003 to remodel it, thats why i had to move. 124 had too many heavies and you would get in trouble for everything. I was way down at the end by that old tiny elevator that got stuck if you moved too much while it was going up.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I think CBGB was the only club named by Couch, but he had plenty of other comments about not going to the Village and not going to places where you're using the same door handles and forks as the homos.

Back-rubs and wrestling in your underwear seemed to be sparks that ignited frequent homo roommate orgies, according to Couch's morning worship comments.

It is somewhat obscure, but there was at least one morning worship where Couch went off on not putting trash in the garbage and garbage in the trash. The difference was that ordinary trash was separated from food garbage in the hoppers (hoppers were closets at the end of the hall where rubbish, recyclables, and donated crap were to be put). So if you had a pizza box that was greasy and had some cheese stuck to the lid, did it go in the trash or the garbage? In the garbage.

• OneEyedJack
    OneEyedJack
    Billy dont forget the bottles after the weekends. The trash cans couldnt hold all the bottles that all they guys were throwing out on a regular day let alone the weekends.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    And I think it's hilarious that the issue of "a private message staying private" is being hotly debated on a thread about life in bethel--the land of no privacy.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Billy dont forget the bottles after the weekends.

Indeed. In addition to the bottles, the hoppers were often overflowing will all kinds of crap by Monday morning.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    And I think it's hilarious that the issue of "a private message staying private" is being hotly debated on a thread about life in bethel--the land of no privacy.

I wouldn't know; I never chose to go there and submit myself to such idiocy but that's not the point.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

I think its hilarious that a pm with nothing private is being regarded as private....

yea i was gone by the time that remodle rolled around...

oh who remmebers the elevator rule? If you were going 6 floors or less you were supposed to take the stairs! Yea i lived on the 6 floor... Kiss my ass if im walking 6 flights of stairs 10 times a day

• OneEyedJack
    OneEyedJack

>And I think it's hilarious that the issue of "a private message staying private" is being hotly debated on a thread about life in bethel--the land of no privacy.

seriously. Hey, Morpheus I am mad that you are risking outing yourself by giving you personal information in a thread that is not about me at all.

Seriously Fisherperson, Morpheus did nothing to harm you, he simply shared himself with all. Now if you have more personal information you wanted to share with him, I guarantee you that he would not have posted it here. There is a huge gigantic difference between the two and I can't believe that there even needs to be a discussion on it.

Fisherperson if you have more questions about bethel that you want a private discussion of, and you don't trust Morpheus for some reason fell free to PM me and I'll do my best to answer and ill keep it to PM, but honestly it seems you are making a mountain out of a molehill. Nothing personal about you was disclosed here. I was there in the early 2000s in Brooklyn. Waaay back when we paid for text messaging.

• OneEyedJack
    OneEyedJack
    Morpheus, now that Im in my 30s with a gut I wish I had kept the elevator rule...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit