Pink Songbooks - Green Bibles

by nicolaou 32 Replies latest jw friends

• nicolaou
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

Such a long time ago . . . Any more memories of lurid Kingdom Hall decor?

• Open mind
    Open mind

Well, this doesn't fit the lurid description but it was a poorly planned floor plan. At a Kingdom Hall not to far from my home town, the door to the bathrooms was up front to the left of the stage!

Actually, maybe it was a good idea. Lots of people would "hold it" until the song because they couldn't stand the thought of coming out of the bathroom and being stared down as you walked back to your seat.

I was a little kid so I didn't care. I was only allowed one bathroom trip per meeting, so I'd usually wait until right after the middle song. That way I could miss some of the boring program and hang out a little bit with other kids if no nosy elders were in there.

Ah, good times!

om

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

I love that pink songbook! It is the only piece of literature I did not throw away. When I get together with all my apostate siblings we play the piano and sing those old songs (this is of course after 6 or 7 drinks) - it is hilarious!

• cognac
    cognac

Anyone have a pic of the pink songbook?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

i remember both

• xeracia
    xeracia

I think my dad still has the pink songbook and green bible. And all that other old literature that makes your shelves look like a crayola box.

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

I remember the seats in our NJ Hall were yellow, itchy fabric. Everything else was brown or green.

I remember the womens' bathroom the most. It was all pink and it always smelled. Also, the "second"

meeting on Thursdays was held in a musty, cold room in the basement. That was pukey green color. I hated it. Mostly I remember the

smells though, and how bad they were. Strange what we recall!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Does anyone remeber the the Year books in the mid 70's with the Gold, Silver and Mettalic Bronze covers?

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

yes i remember those. they were the year books that included the days text before they separated them in the 80s.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit