Loyalty to the truth

by happy man 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Dsgal,

Our friend HappyMan is from Sweden, and English is not his native tongue. Cut him some slack - would you have the courage to post messages on a Swedish board in Swedish? I wouldn't. Try to read past the spelling and you'll see he's got a lot of good things to say.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

So truth (tm) is diveed up into more truth

• perfect truth - which God has, but doesn't always get across
    • future truth - which God told us, and if it's wrong it was God's fault
    • normal truth - which sounds believable but that could be as good as it gets
    • normal truth naturally includes the new truth, which has yet to be validated
    • pure truthful speaking, which is how we talk when we are in the "truth", right or wrong
    • then we have old truth, which is the truth we had which has lost it's truthyness
    • covered up truth, which isn't truthful anymore (but never a lie once it was used as truth), and we don't talk about it, and you won't find it in new publications

Then we have the lies - which is everything that the others say about us and "truth".

Sssstruuuth !!!

paduan

• dsgal
    dsgal

happy man,

I owe you an apology.I'm sorry.

• BATHORY
    BATHORY

Hillo hapy man

Youz hav big one falaci to do in you argumentation.

Im nut teazz yu here one, butt releight beter one for him is yu.

Muhamad sayes, loyulti and othar singz diferent bludy, compair no gud

i confuze yu specific questsion maik

• happy man
    happy man

I put in the same mesege on a JW board, i dont want to say wich one, but here is the answer i get:,

These are extreme and rare hypothetical situations. The real question is "how do these relate to our faith and the rest of the GB's directions"?

For example. Just because the decision may be questionable in that EXTREME situation, does that mean all the OTHER directions recieved from the GB should be questioned? No. So casting doubt on one direction of the GB does NOT cast doubt on them all.

Should you stop preaching because the GB made a wrong decision about some matter many years ago regarding a tenet that has since been corrected? Should you stop encouraging your fellow worshippers of Jehovah because the GB made a wrong and unrelated decision many years ago? Should you stop believing in the Kingdom? The Ransom? The paradise? Stop preaching about Jehovah? Jesus? Etc? NO!

Keep following the tenets of our faith. Continue recognizing that you now have wonderful truths about Jehovah, Jesus, the Kingdom, the earth, and your very own spiritual family, AND an opportunity to fulfill your christian duty by loving your neighbor through an organized preaching work and organized christian community BECAUSE the GB has taken the lead in proclaiming the Bible and organizing a grand community of christian preachers in line with the spirit's direction to the best of their ability.

Stop doubting the whole on the basis of a specific Extreme hypothetical situation. Hang in there

some comments on this answer, from an american elder i think, very intresting to after a long time, at last have acsess to aJW bord.

And dsgal, the difficult words i look upp in a book, thats why they are better.

• dsgal
    dsgal

happy man,

See how eloquently you typed that?It's so different from the one at the top.I'm getting suspicious.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

But Happy Man, the bible specifically forbids Christians from following men:

Psalm 118:8: It is better to take refuge in Jehovah, Than to put confidence in man.

John 14:6: Jesus said to him, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father, except through Me.

Why do you keep saying that a Christian must follow the GB? Where does the bible say that?
  • pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

dsgal - happy man was quoting from another site - that's why his last post was imbecible in the spelling, until his thoughts were injected.

I've known happy man since his first post on Tim Campbell's board, he is truly from Sweden & he has always typed this way.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    For example. Just because the decision may be questionable in that EXTREME situation, does that mean all the OTHER directions recieved from the GB should be questioned? No. So casting doubt on one direction of the GB does NOT cast doubt on them all.

Yes it does. If one decision is shown to be wrong, particularly in an important situation, it should cause you to look more closely at other decisions to see if they too reflect similar flaws in reasoning. This is common sense applied in every area of life. If a lawyer, accountant, financial advisor or any other professional makes a bad decision for you, you subject their subsequent decisions to closer scrutiny. You do not just shrug your shoulders and carry on regardless. Why would this not be applied to religious "professionals" who claim to offer the only path to God's approval?

Should you stop preaching because the GB made a wrong decision about some matter many years ago regarding a tenet that has since been corrected? Should you stop encouraging your fellow worshippers of Jehovah because the GB made a wrong and unrelated decision many years ago? Should you stop believing in the Kingdom? The Ransom? The paradise? Stop preaching about Jehovah? Jesus? Etc? NO!

What you "should" do is examine those doctrines more closely, because if the GB has made an error on a life or death situation like organ transplants and vaccinations, they may have made errors in other doctrinal decisions too. If you begin to find error or doubtfulness in other doctrines, your scrutiny should become more rigorous, not less.

Keep following the tenets of our faith. Continue recognizing that you now have wonderful truths about Jehovah, Jesus, the Kingdom, the earth, and your very own spiritual family, AND an opportunity to fulfill your christian duty by loving your neighbor through an organized preaching work and organized christian community BECAUSE the GB has taken the lead in proclaiming the Bible and organizing a grand community of christian preachers in line with the spirit's direction to the best of their ability.

In other words, just shrug your shoulders when you find important errors, and carry on regardless. Believe blindly, don't check anything.

Stop doubting the whole on the basis of a specific Extreme hypothetical situation. Hang in there

Incidentally, why didn't Charles Russell and the members of the Governing Body apply the direction that they give to others? Why did they question their religions, finding doctrinal errors and leaving those religions? Why didn't they "hang in there", waiting upon Jehovah to correct the errors?

Expatbrit

• link
    link

Happy Man,

Please note that the examples that you give are not extreme, rare or hypothetical as claimed in the response that you have been given.

If someone gives you wrong information on a single occasion you can perhaps accept their fault as being a minor one. But it is entirely up to you as to how many times that person gives you wrong information before you start to think that there is something seriously wrong with them. For many people the Society has been wrong on far too many occasions. It is not possible to just overlook this as light getting brighter or the actions of imperfect men.

In the end I believe that you must base your decision on how aware the person giving you the wrong information is that he is doing so. If he is well aware of what he is doing then you can only believe that there is a serious problem somewhere and steer well clear.

It is not difficult to find strong indications that the Society is fully aware that it is providing wrong information to its followers, as evident in the above post from Nathan. The reason that not more people cease to be followers is that they are strictly forbidden from looking for these indications and therefore are completely ignorant of the fact that they are being mislead.

link

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit