Keep Free From Murmuring....Are YOU A Murmurer?

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Seems to me that the Watchtower Quote above is a sort of "subliminal" knock against the silentlambs.

I have noticed more and more of these knocks since Dateline.

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 18 October 2002 2:42:30

• minimus
    minimus

They've been counseling this stuff since forever. Most murmuring tends to be in the congregation against the elders. When it goes outside the congregation, to the Society, it's called apostasy.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

I agree with you minimus.

It does seem though, that ever since Dateline, the WT and Awake have had more "Apostasy" and "Don't speak against the Almighty Governing Body" Statements.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Murmurers - just another word the Watchtower has successfully demonized

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Remember Ethel Murmer? Oh. Wait...that was Ethel Murman. Never mind...

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

A murmurer?

Not me. Im a ROARER. A RODGERER. A GORGER, and a PUKER.

• blondie
    blondie

Puke alert, alert, alert, WTS Dissonance ahead!

The Bible indicates that there are many injustices in the flawed world (but not the flawed organization?) in which we live that rightly call for correction (Luke 18:1-8) In some respects (what respects are those?) we too may have to persist in our complaints until wrongs are rectified.
    Christian elders today need to realize that injustices or other wrongs may give rise to some legitimate complaint (legitimate in whose judgment, the WTS). They cannot properly take the view that everything done (done by whom, the WTS, the elders?) is bound to be right and that nothing should ever be subject to any criticism whatsoever.
    Appointed elders themselves must avoid having a complaining spirit toward their fellow believers (they can only do this at the elders' meetings where they have 'freeness of speech'). Rather than criticizing and never being satisfied with what is done by their Christian brothers and sisters, overseers need to be encouraging, upbuilding.
  • minimus
    minimus

SEE, how the Society DOES counsel the elders! That was STRONG!!!

• garybuss
    garybuss

Don't think, don't talk, don't feel!
    Smile and go to meetings
    Dress right and go in service
    Consent, conform, agree

Harmony and unity
    busy as a bee
    All this from Jehovah
    So glad that they are free

• abbagail
    abbagail

LOL @ Pom! Ethel Murman definitely had a set of vocal chords on her, didn't she?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit