Keep Free From Murmuring....Are YOU A Murmurer?

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Wt. 11-15 02 states:"Persistent murmurers attach too much importance to their feelings or position, drawing attention to themselves rather than to God. If not checked, this causes dissension among spiritual brothers and hinders their efforts to serve Jehovah shoulder to shoulder.This is so because murmurers invariably voice their complaints, doubtless hoping that others will sympathize with them."..........So what's your opinion of this comment?

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Don't murmur - tell them straight to their face.

• kelpie
    kelpie

There is a way to say everything. You just need to know how

• Funchback
    Funchback

I'd say that the WTBTS won't be promoting this particular site anytime soon.

By the way, if you're ever in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: BEWARE OF THE MUMMERS!

• sunscapes
    sunscapes

This is a typical JW assumption...assume the worst in motives of people. Without digging deeper, the foundation is laid that murmurers "draw attention to themselves rather than to God", yet, typically an opposer will try to draw attention to the issue at hand, which the Witness will try to avoid, because digging deeper will reveal the UGLY truth that he cannot face.

"doubtless" hoping that others will sympathize with them...again, the skillful writing department using this whisker word attempts to disempower the reader from arriving at any other conclusion than the one that they wish the reader to come to. The WTS loves using these types of words, like doubtless, unquestionably, evidently, etc. in their Watchtower propaganda.

What makes them think that the murmurer is necessarily drawing attention to himself and/or wanting others to be sympathetic? Or caring about "position" for that matter? What causes this assumption? What about actually dealing with the complaint at issue?

• onacruse
    onacruse

Don't say it out loud...you'll get hammered

Don't say it under your breath...you'll get hammered

Don't even think it...you'll get hammered

The sensitive and loving organizational arrangement provided by the hand of Jehovah through the Faithful and Discreet Slave is always looking out for the best interests of the flock.

WHAT A CROCK!

I am more and more DESPISING that oppressive religion in which I was raised, and I never thought I could/would ever feel this way. Love the people, HATE the org.

Craig

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I am more and more DESPISING that oppressive religion in which I was raised, and I never thought I could/would ever feel this way.

Craig

It's funny you say this tonight. My woman and I were having this same converssation and we both feel the same way. We were JWs hook line and sinker. I mean we bought the whole thing and really truly believed all that nonsense. And yet here I am reading an apostate website and agreeing with everything and everyone! The further and further I get away from that situation, the more amazing I find it. I still have several JW friends and hopefully I won't lose them but you're right when you say it is oppressive. Do you realize that as of now, we can think anything we want, read anything we want, talk with whomever we want and most importantly, be whatever kind of person we want. We couldn't before. Bizarre and amazing, ain't it?

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Damn right I'm a murmurer. So far, in the past month alone, it's brought my boss to heel and saved me at least $200.

I bitch at my gods in prayer too. Like Job did, only it works better.

GentlyFeral

• onacruse
    onacruse

Big Tex "Do you realize that as of now, we can think anything we want, read anything we want, talk with whomever we want and most importantly, be whatever kind of person we want. We couldn't before. Bizarre and amazing, ain't it?"

IT COMPLETELY BLOWS ME AWAY!!

I never even imagined that life could be this good, this free, this exhilirating!

Craig

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

The truth will set you free.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit