No Dogs or Cats in the New System!

by gumby 26 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

dsgal,

I forgot about "they take up too much time" thing. Didn't that kind of reasoning from them just want to make you puke???

Too much time my arse! How much time does it take to feed and play with animals? I thought we were their caretakers when Jehovah made them? Apparently the society would be happier if they just roamed the streets looking for food eh?

• caballoSentado
    caballoSentado

Hi friends,
    Can someone tell me the date for that awake?
    thanks,
    Caballo Sentado

• gumby
    gumby

caballoSentado,

Hi CB, I tried to find it but haven't yet.

In all honesty as I was looking, I did find MANY favorable articles about dogs and how they can be a loyal friend. That's the trouble......you will find contradicting ideas from the society. It isn't the first time they talk favorably on a matter.....then turn around and speak contrary to it.

Perhaps someone will find the article for you. It may have been in a QFR in the Watchtower.....I don't remember. Take care, Gumby

• dsgal
    dsgal

I don't remember the date but it was titled"Should you own a pet?".It was about 1988 or 1989 when it came out.

• blondie
    blondie

This is the article and some excerpts.

June 8, 1989 page 18 Can You Really Care for a Pet?

Hence, anyone who really wants a pet should consider whether he is willing to make the daily sacrifices necessary for a healthy pet. Does he have the facilities for proper care and attention? And remember, animals eat and big animals eat a lot! That can make quite a dent in your pocketbookyet another factor to take into account. Animals do get sick, and medical costs may take you by surprise.

Another factor is hygiene.

The tongue of many animals is also their washcloth, which they use for all parts of their body! While animals are equipped to handle the germs that they ingest, children may not be. So do not encourage your child to kiss an animal. Even allowing an animal to lick your childs face and hands may expose the child to health problems, possibly including worms. When it happens, washing with soap and water at once may prevent infection. Pets should have their own feeding dishes and should not be allowed to lick plates used by humans. Animals can bring fleas and other "undesirables" into the home. Some owners of dogs wisely do not allow them in their houses.

Not all adults consider the consequences of accepting another "member" into the family. They do not always foresee the inconveniences and responsibilities that a pet can bring. This may especially be true of Jehovahs Witnesses, who lead such busy lives in their Christian ministry and are often away attending meetings and Christian conventions. Then the problem of finding someone to care for the pet arises. Certainly, it would not be appropriate to miss Christian activities because of an overly sentimental attachment to animals.Hebrews 10:24, 25.

• gumby
    gumby

Blondie, Your the one baby.....your the one! Thanks

• The Alchemist
    The Alchemist

There is one illustration of a dog in the Societies publication and that is in the Paradise Lost and Paradise Regained book. It shows a dog falling into a crevace at Armegeddon. So this answers the question once and for all. THERE WILL BE NO DOGS AND I PRESUME CATS IN THE NEW WORLD. Close this thread Simon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit