can the marriage work

by DIAMOND 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Carmel
    Carmel

I can't imagine being married to someone and having something as big as religious beliefs being "out of bounds" for discussion. Simply put, religion should be your way of life and if you live its principals there is no way you could live with someone intimately without your lifestyle which includes conversations, not include those fundamental core values, views and beliefs. Frankly, living with a JW spouse under terms of a "truce" would not be a marriage.

$0.02 due!

caveman

• garybuss
    garybuss

can the marriage work

A better question might be, will my expectations be met? or my needs? or will I be "happy"? or will the minor children be well cared for? can the property be divided? can the debt be divided? or the biggie . . . will the divorce work?

What is a marriage? what is it's nature? what is it's purpose? what is reasonable to expect a marriage to provide? why do about half of the marriages in the USA divorce? are there ANY successful marriages? is any marriage that does not divorce a success? can I describe a marriage satisfactory to both principles? is marriage an ancient ritual no longer needed?

Why was marriage started historically? what is family law? why can two people enter into a contract but they can not end it? How does illness affect a marriage? serious illness? or is it about control? or power?

why is agreement necessary for a marriage to function? can a marriage be reduced to it's elements? can we name the elements?

If I can't answer all these simple questions with rational informed answers, I am not ready to ask, "can the marriage work", because I don't understand the issue enough to make a decision.

gb

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Dear brother GaryBuss,

What is a marriage?

That's when ya get hitched to a prerdy sister at the kingdom hall.

what is it's nature?

That's when ya hooneymoon in the woods

what is it's purpose?

to make hay and cute little bab'y and such

what is reasonable to expect a marriage to provide?

possum stew and apple pie on Sundays

why do about half of the marriages in the USA divorce?

because the one half don't compliment the other half

are there ANY successful marriages?

sure, more ankle biters 'round here than fleas on a moose!

is any marriage that does not divorce a success?

Is that one o' them trick queschuns?

is marriage an ancient ritual no longer needed?

NOT IN THIS CONGREGATION BUDDY!

Why was marriage started historically?

'cos Adam was lonely .. boy you sure is dumb gary

armageddon ozzie (not a patch on a armageddon okie)

• garybuss
    garybuss

lmao @ unclebruce hahahahahaha

Thanks uncle, I was married in the group in the basement of a hardware store by a Chevy auto mechanic and he gave some very good advise that I still follow and I am still married almost 32 years later.

gb

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit