Bible: Women are Inferior

by JosephAlward 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Silverleaf
    Silverleaf

SYN wrote:

Not 100% true. They would need to generate more men eventually to replenish their sperm supplies.

True, but some of the babies born through artificial insemination would be male, and they would generate new sperm, whether or not they were then permitted full rights as citizens would be decided by the females in charge. I'm not saying if every Y chromosome were destroyed, but if every existing male disappeared, the human race would not die out.

Silverleaf

• BadJerry
    BadJerry

All I know is the "stuff" Paul wrote made it much easier for my teenage son to see that what is said in the Bible needs to be taken with a "grain of salt". He now understands that one can question authority, even theocratic authority and not be struck down by lightning. Of course, most of here have also learned that lesson....

• nilfun
    nilfun

Dmouse:

Watch out, the ovum is at large and it's gunning for YOU!!! LOL. Thanks for the quote. I needed that laugh.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

It is high time for girls to understand the make-up of their bodies and its functions, especially with regard to sex. Then if a girl understandingly takes care of herself while the ovum is at large and is causing sex disturbance and cravings within her, she will be able to act like a true lady of irreproachable morals at all times.

Just in case anyone missed it.

Yep, in 1961, the WTBTS advocated masturbation for women. In 1963, I was born. Thirteen or so years later, I first masturbated, and therefore first felt guilt over masterbating, a guilt instilled and cultivated and multiplied by that same WTBTS. By the time the WTBTS came out with an article to say otherwise, I, along with no doubt millions of others, had spent years with a cloud over our heads composed of "have I committed the unforgiveable sin?" (after all, if we were really repentant, we would have stopped, right?). Of course, that article did not try to eliminate the guilt, but rather just the idea that masturbation could be an unforgivable sin. No doubt they had a room full of correspondance from guilt ridden frightened souls for them to comment.

The idiots should just be glad I can laugh about it (and that I never got into the sniper sub-culture).

Edited by - SixofNine on 16 October 2002 12:45:44

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

dmouse........I found that quote very mooooooving. Thanks. I licked it so much I cud read it again.

-BONEZZ

• dmouse
    dmouse

Bonezz, pull the udder one...

• FrankRaven
    FrankRaven

Sounds just like my Wife's former Pastor.He felt the same way good ole` Joe felt.Guess what.That Pastor no longer minister's to anyone.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Sounds just like my Wife's former Pastor.He felt the same way good ole` Joe felt.Guess what.That Pastor no longer minister's to anyone

So once he realised the Bible was just antiquated mythology, he stopped being a pastor? Sounds like an intelligent and honest guy.

• SYN
    SYN
    True, but some of the babies born through artificial insemination would be male, and they would generate new sperm, whether or not they were then permitted full rights as citizens would be decided by the females in charge.

Holy crap!! Are you for real?

Hope I don't ever meet you in Field Service! You seem pretty nasty! Nearly as bad as the Dubs, in fact. You only want to destroy fully half of the human race, but they want to destroy 99.9% of it...well I guess it's true what they say, you get all kinds of people on discussion boards...

• nilfun
    nilfun

whether or not they were then permitted full rights as citizens would be decided by the females in charge.

Reminds me of something I read a long time ago by Ursula K Le Guin.

Can't remember the title... the women ruled and contact between the
    sexes is mainly confined to a place called a "f*ckery"...

Edited by - nilfun on 16 October 2002 13:46:5

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit