Is there anyone close by???

by kelpie 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• kelpie
    kelpie

Hi All

I have only just registered at this forum and I would like to know if there are any ex JW's that live in or close to Canberra, Australia.

I have been shunned by all family and friends because I left the organisation (not disfellowshipped at this stage but won't be long) and I finding it hard to cope with. I am sorry to be down but I miss all my family and friends and would love to make new friends that know what I am going through. My boyfriend is very understanding but gets frustrated as he doesn't know why my family are doing this to me.

This sounds like a whingy post but I promise you, I am not normally like this. I am interested in getting to know you all and would love to go into the chat room. It says only registered memebers can. I thought I already registered. If anyone can help, please email me. ([email protected])

Regards

Kelpie

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Welcome kelpie! Most of us have been there, are there, and some will always be there. And we're here for you. I know it's tough, and it is hard for your boyfriend to understand. It's such an incomprehensible thing that people who didn't "live" this way have a hard time calculating the entire mess.

Just know that you'll get through it, and it will become easier. Not easy, but easier.

Your family is being deceived and brainwashed by a very powerful organization. It's not necessarily their fault, and deep down they love you. Always remember that.

As for the chatroom, you should be able to click "Live Chat" and use your user name and password to get right in.

A knaves religion is always the rottenest thing about him." John Ruskin, 19th-century British critic and author

Edited by - Revmalk on 16 October 2002 2:3:19

• kelpie
    kelpie

Thanks for your reply.

When I enter my username and password after clicking on live chat it takes me back to the forum. HELPPPPPP.. I love internet chatting and it would be great to talk to you all!!

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

g'day kelpie,

cute name lol. I live near Tathra on the south coast but i'm not much help (no computer except this public library one i'm about to get booted off)

Barry posts to chat, lives in Canberra though he's never been a JW. To enter the chatroom do the following:

click above where it says "Live Chat"

then renter your screen name and passwood into the appropriate boxes

press send .. and wa laaa .. by the magic of internet you should be in like flynn!

sorry if you've already done the above but that's the extent of my computer savy.

all the best sweetheart, happy posting, unclebruce

• kelpie
    kelpie

Thanks Uncle Bruce

I must say, you do sound like an Uncle.. Can I adopt you.??? hehehe. I loved your entry about your rock wall building eposide.. very funny..

I know when I used to go witnessing I would be more happy with idle chit chat then "preaching" to them.

Hope to talk to you soon

Edited by - kelpie on 16 October 2002 5:23:42

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Hello Kelpie

I'm in Melbourne...but that's okay, we can still be email buddies.

Keep your eye out for barry in chat, he's from Canberra...he's a good sort too. You will also see a few Aussies on here, so wave and say hi, we'll all look out for you and before you know, you'll have such a warm cosy group of buddies that you'll try and offload us hehe.

I look forward to bumping into you on here more often...and feel free to email me whenever you want at [email protected]

As for your boyfriend, he'll get used to it...mine did...now he's a regular participant at our exjw get togethers and he's very much involved in my exjw life. So don't despair

Talk to you soon.

~Beck~

• Prisca
    Prisca

Hi,

I'm in Sydney, but I don't mind being your email pal either. Email me [email protected]

I was a 3rd generation JW, I left a couple of years ago for various reasons. If you're ever in the Sydney area, there are quite a few ex's, and we regularly meet up, so let us know if you're near by, and we'll get together!

BTW, I've met both Uncle Bruce and Beck. Unc is a bit too young for me to call him "uncle" but he's a great bloke. Beck is a lovely person, even if she is from the land of the Long White Cloud!

• ugg
    ugg

hi kelpie,,,,it is so nice to meet you...i am deeply sorry for what you are going through. but you will find comfort,,,support,,friends,,,and laughter here...in time you will slowly start to feel better...please talk and write as much as you need and want to...believe me,,,we all understand..only too much!!!! welcome....hang in there...

• kelpie
    kelpie

Thanks all for you replies. I look forward to getting to know you all. You may regret welcoming me to the group.. hehehehe

To know there is support out there is a comforting feeling. I know it will help both myself and my man to deal with this.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Hi Kelpie,

I'm sure not anywhere near you, except in heart. My email is always open. Looks like you've already made a few connections.

This is the place to be. You are very welcome here! I look forward to your posts.

Love and Light,

Sentinel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit