What Was the Most Unbelievable Thing You've Heard?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

What's the most unbelievable thing you've ever heard while you were a Witness? One thing that stands out for me is being told that I would never go thru junior or high school because the end was right around the corner.....What about you???

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

My father died.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I don't know Min, that elder confession at the KM school has to rank right up there.

• minimus
    minimus

Big Tex, I have so much more in the way of good stories. I'm thinking of giving some other funny ones in the future.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Of course the story would have been even better had he also confessed to wearing a water bra.

• Sabine
    Sabine

After complaining that being out in service in the rain all morning frizzed my hair up...one sister told me that in the new system we would all be white with long blonde hair....woohoo, something to look forward to!

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Well back in the old days, when lesbians were a novelty....I remember hearing about one sister running off with her butch bible student. She left her hubby and 2 kids for this new lover of hers. We were all ohmygoshing and carrying on...then one day I saw them...TOGETHER!!! LOL

That was the worst thing I heard...as in scandalous...but the very worst thing I heard was being told "you may never grow old" so don't worry about life insurance or saving for your retirement. What a load of shite!

~Beck~

Sabine: what a terribly racist thing to say?? Doesn't she pay attention to the WT illustrations?? We're all going to be in our national costume and there were no signs of hair relaxers in the pics either LOL.

Edited by - Beck_Melbourne on 15 October 2002 22:11:43

• Know_You
    Know_You

The TRUTH!

• jurs
    jurs

When I lived in Longmont Colorado , there was this one elder who would say the most bizarre things. For example A JW shouldn't join the YMCA to work out because you don't want to be ther if armagedon should come at that time. The same elder told this sister who had an unbelieving mate who insisted upon decorating their house at Chritmas time that she should not allow the decorations to go up because her house could be destroyed if armagedon came at that time. Same elder told me when we were talking about O.J. Simpson, that he couldn't believe the terrible language Nicole Simpson used!!! Didn't condemn O.J. Again same elder said too many times to count that Jehovah hates cities, in the new system there will be no cities, everyone will have 1 acre of land. I have no idea how he knew this!!! I could go on and on with just this 1 elder!!! jurs

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Those resurrected in the New System would not be allowed to have children. Why? Because they would be too busy raising and caring for all the unborn fetuses aborted over the centuries.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit