Sniper strikes again?

by chester 13 Replies latest jw friends

• chester
    chester

NEWS ALERT

Person shot outside Falls Church, Virginia, Home Depot store; police investigating whether it is related to recent sniper attacks. Details to come.
  • kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

This sniper stuff is really making me sad. Why do people have to be so sick? I have a online friend that lives in DC and her and her husband are scared to death. You can't blame them, one of the shotting took place less then 10 minutes from their home.

My thought

Dragon

• Undecided
    Undecided

My son-in-law and grandson will be painting a bridge in that area soon. It scares me that they will be out in the open and easy prey for this maniac.

I have an old friend who lives in Falls Church also.

Ken P.

• JT
    JT

Dad

they are going crazy here- we have been to that homedepot so many times it ain't funny

• Xandria
    Xandria

I would not be surprized to see the sale of bullet proof vests go up through the roof. This is horrible that this person still is out there. I have a bad feeling that this person will either end in a shoot out or someone else dying before his/her capture.

Xandria

• Mac
    Mac

what is this, the 10:00 news?

mac

• Simon
    Simon

It's one of the dangers of having the 'right to bear arms' ... idiots can get them too.

Hopefully the maniac will be cornered and shot, er "caught" and no more people killed. What would be a real shame is if people started shooting at peolpe who 'may' be them or others started copying.

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

And it's also a shame that thousands more will willingly give up their right to own and bear guns because the government will shortly use this as another reason to disarm the citizen. Seems more and more when people become frightened and/or outraged at this type insanity, the more willing they they are to have big brother find the solution. And of course it comes down to the continued lose of personal freedoms.

And who really thinks that the criminal element will not continue having their weapons...?

Granny

• Dia
    Dia

Excuse me but I think it is foolish to rule out the idea that this is a terrorist act.

That's what terrorists do. They terrorize. And on that front, they are succeeding in terrorizing the residents of Washington DC (the nation's Capital, hint, hint).

• Dizzy Cat
    Dizzy Cat

Ahh but Simon, that "right to bare arms" rule exists here as well you know. Its just that we need to go to the right dodgy venue to obtain guns'n'shit.

Go to the right place in the city where I live (Birmingham) and you can get pretty much anything you want for the right price.

Its a global problem.

If there were a way to take down a man easily who is armed, without being armed yourself then I'd like to know how. I can understand frightened people buying a nice little side arm.

Taking guns away from Joe Public seems like a great idea on one hand - you remove more guns from society, but on the other - you make the innocent more vulnerable to attack or intimidation. I'm sure its very empowering to have a gun when threatened in your own home.

Its a complex issue that forum sound bites cannot solve.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit