The Elder That Wanted To Disfellowship The Dead

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

what a crock I never heard anything like this from a witness.Even though I did hear some pretty stupid stuff this is the piece de resistance .

• wednesday
    wednesday

Actually a long time ago-, an elder in the small cong we were at was trying to get a man D/f after death. The man met an untimely death and there was some circumstantial evidence that he'd been in company of homosexuauls and drug dealers. he mande it very clear if they could prove it , they certainly could D/f him. in the end, nothing happened. It was dropped-the man was related to PO.

Edited by - wednesday on 15 October 2002 1:8:35

Edited by - wednesday on 15 October 2002 1:9:50

• Farkel
    Farkel

: This same man at the elder's school, felt that the appropriate course to take against a person that committed suicide was to disfellowship him.

What a horrible thing to do. Why...why, if they did that, no one could ever TALK to the poor guy. How cruel!

Farkel

• Mac
    Mac

This sounds extreme to me, however a ritualistic pissing on the grave by brothers more qualified may be entirely appropriate under certain circumstances!

mac

Edited by - mac on 15 October 2002 3:1:53

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

Disfellowshiping is done to expel people from the congregation and prevent bad association. If you want to disfellowship the dead, than you are saying there is life after death. Something Witnesses do not accept. Basically than, the only reason you would consider doing this, is a personal vendetta. If this was the old west and you spoke ill of the dead, the kin of the man would kill you. Damn, the good old days sure made good sense ... kept the crazy people quiet.

My thought

Dragon

• Navigator
    Navigator

Perhaps this guy was an ex-catholic. They don't allow suicides to be buried in "hallowed ground", whatever the hell that is.

• blondie
    blondie

It's amazing how some elders want to DF the dead but can't DF living convicted child molesters.

I wonder how you could tell if a dead person was repentant or not?

• Dia
    Dia

What makes them so brazenly confident about taking over God's job of judging people?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

As per Kenpo's and Rizo's comments about the Mormons -

That guy was the infamous "Anti-SMITH", was he not?

Edited by - Nathan Natas on 15 October 2002 8:33:41

• rocky220
    rocky220

None of the above....I just think that some "would-be elders" are drunk with power over the dead as well as the living, and this is just a perverse manifestation........me thinks.[The foolish boy forgot that the payment for sin is death, and that's that]...the dorkhead needs to read his Bible.rocky220

Edited by - rocky220 on 15 October 2002 15:23:49

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit