The Elder That Wanted To Disfellowship The Dead

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I mentioned about the elder that masturbated in another post. This same man at the elder's school, felt that the appropriate course to take against a person that committed suicide was to disfellowship him. When he was questioned about the reason, he felt that the person, no doubt, committed a sin against the spirit. He truly felt that this would be the best way to handle an unrepentant sinner. When it was expressed to him that the Society's procedure of appeal would not be able to be instituted, he began to back down from his position......I guess 8 years of Bethel experience can make one think abnormally,huh?

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Wow. That is totally sick. Never heard of that one. I hope that elder has something bad happen to him. What a scum.

ash

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Something bad did happen to him, he became an elder.

~Beck~

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I know, Beck

I meant bad as in a truck filled with propane hitting his car on the highway and exploding. People like him need to be weeded out of the gene pool.

Imagine dishonoring the dead like that....the man must have no soul.

ash

• minimus
    minimus

Actually, this guy wasn't a nasty person. He was just plain dumb.

• jack2
    jack2

That's one whacked elder, but hey, the .org breeds that type. Sure, not many are like that, but there is that suggestion in WT literature that suicide may jeopordize the dead's relationship w God, hence such views are born in the minds of some of the less compassionate JWs.

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

Well the Mormons baptize the dead, I guess the Witness could disfellowship them.

What you are seeing an example of here though, is that people aimed at a negative view point often express thoughts that positive people could never understand.

Very sad

Dragon

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

Glad to see you changed your mind on things minimus, since you were still an elder after the masturbation thing.

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

Nothing like kicking them when they are down, literally.

• minimus
    minimus

What type of baptism do the Mormons practice? Sprinkling? Immersion?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit