Anyone here a vegetarian?

by crownboy 17 Replies latest jw friends

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Jan - that would depend on what condiments you choose to use!

• santacruzchick
    santacruzchick

I TRIED being a vegetarian one, it didn't last long because everyday my family had meat as the main course for dinner. But now that I'm away at college and there is always a vegetarian option, I think I'll try it again. I want to see if not eating meat really does make you feel better. I gave up drinking soda about a year ago, I felt better after that. Everytime I'm tempted to eat meat I'll envision the meat as a dead animal carcass, that should help....

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

i was a vegan for a whole year while I was trying to fiqure out just what kind of health problem I had.Vegan is one who doesn't eat any dairy, or any product derived from animal. I would rather be a vegetarian though because I could at least eat a cheese pizza, try ordering one without it and see what a funny look you get from the person. Found out the cause of my ailment ( the birds in our house) and slowly went back to eating whatever. About once or twice a week I will do a no meat meal. I would like to do it more often but our boys didn't care for it to be permanant and I had to make them a regular meat meal so cooking two or three different meals wasn't fun. I feel better, when I leave out the carcass, but, there are just times when nothing beats a good steak.

• patio34
    patio34

I was a vegetarian for about a year a few years back.

Lately, I've been reading The Omega Diet. The premise for that is that humans evolved eating meat, fish, fruits, and vegetables. A little wild grains. Hence, the best eating regimen for our bodies, which have not changed a twit since then, includes a lot of flesh. But especially fish, which has a lot of omega-3 oil.

Pat

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I have been a vegetarian most of my adult life. I could never stand the smell, look, taste and feel of fish or seafood and won't eat anything that contains it. Most Caesar salad dressing contains anchovy paste in it and I can taste it and don't like it.

I don't like the taste of meat or poultry either. As a kid I used to pour tons of A1 steak sauce, horseradish sauce or barbeque sauce to cover up the taste of the meat and poultry. I figured that if I have to do that, then why bother eating it so I gave up meat and poultry also. I do love my cheese and eat dairy products.

I was never JW so I probably don't count in your survey but I wanted to give my two cents worth and point out that not all vegetarians gave up meat because they feel fsorry for the cow

Devon

• glitter
    glitter

I've been a vegetarian since I was 11.

I've never known a veggie JW. I was talking about vegetarianism with an elder and a fairly-recent convert on Friday and both of them were stunned and said "But Jehovah has allowed us to eat animals!" like I was selfishly rejecting Jehovah's loving kindness by not eating hunks of flesh chopped from a dead thing.

I pointed out that I can definitely say that I don't EAT any blood at all - and they can't. They looked dead offended...

• LB
    LB

I did that for about a year. Then spring came around and I smelled a BBQ going. Sorry, another eggplant parmasion wasn't going to work.

Oh a cornfed steer has all the flavor you could ask for.

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

I would love to totally convert but I haven't been able to give up chicken yet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit