Anyone here a vegetarian?

by crownboy 17 Replies latest jw friends

• crownboy
    crownboy

How many of you guys are vegetarians? In my personal experience, I've only known of two JW vegetarians, and both were so for health reasons. So I'd like to see how the x-JW community compares. If you are one, did you become one after being a JW, if so why?

Personally, I'm not one, but I respect vegetarians anyway .

• larc
    larc

My youngest daughter is a vegetarian. In fact, she owns a health food store. She has never seen the inside of a kingdom hall, so I guess she doesn't count in your survey.

• ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn

Yes, vegetarian, but recently converted. My husband & I both converted for health reasons. I can tell a HUGE difference in how I feel too. I don't think I knew any vegetarian JW's in my day.

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

I have the desire to convert into a vegetarian....I'm not sure if that counts in your survey. I'm not a meat lover and I'd rather eat veggies and fruit if I always had a choice. I'm seriously contemplating on converting because I've read and heard on how much better it makes one feel. I'd say I'd do it for health reasons. Coming out of the Org. hasn't made a difference....I've never really liked eating red meat. Meat has no real taste and it makes you feel like you're 10 pounds heavier after a meal.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

I am now a vegetarian - have been for almost 10 years. I did it because I started dating a Hari-Krishna (after leaving the JW's). Could not believe how much better I felt.

In fact, I am now also gluten/caesin free as well (no dairy/no wheat). ITs amazing how much "good" food is really bad for you.

• Valis
    Valis

I am by no means a vegetarian, but I do enjoy going and eating veggie w/my veggie friends..one of the best places in Dallas is the Hare Krisna temple which just outside of downtown..they hava a totally rocking buffet which does not include meat of any kind...only yummy veggies and some dairy in the yogurts..enjoy!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "Ganesh" class

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Meat has no real taste????????

You should come to the south, Texas or Louisiana for a good ole grilled steak,,,,,,,,omg,,,,,,, the juiceist, melt in your mouth taste . Well at least to me anyway.

I would love to be a vegetarian, I really don't think the idea of eating flesh is that appealing but the taste as long as it doesnt look like a cow , pig or chicken, I can eat it. I don't know if I could raise and butcher my own animals and eat them. In the grocery store, they don't look like animals so it is easy to pretend they are not. I know I am a coward,,,,but I love a good steak.

I do intend on getting my fish in my diet, I have read alot about the benefits of adding more fish to your diet. I am taking Omega 3 fish oil capsules, and increasing my vitamins. I have yet to get off my butt and exercise but working on that one.

I doubt I could give up meat , unless my life was truly at steak......... ummmm did I say steak?

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Valis - that is so cool - we don't have ANY places like that in my area.

• JanH
    JanH

Does it count to like to eat vegetarians?

- Jan

Blogging at Secular Blasphemy
  • Valis
    Valis

eheh JanH...don't forget the sauce..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit