Larc's weekend survey

by larc 80 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

larc - could you please provide a definition of the term psychosis?

• larc
    larc

Lady Lee, I know that the term is ambiguous. It is probably too late in the survey to correct that. To me, it is someone who hallucinates or is dillusional. With that said, I will accept a person's own interpretation of what psychotic means to them. If it means that thery were highly agitated, and found it nearly impossible to function and their anxiety and/or depression was off the chart, that is OK for the broad purposes of the survey.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Hmm in that case - yes for a short while before I left the JWs but not since then

• buffy
    buffy

1. your age 26

2. how long were you a Witness birth to 21

3. how long have you been out of the religion. 5 years, df'd for 2 1/2 years

4. which of the following symptoms did you experience as a witness.

4a. depression

4b. low self esteem

4c. anxiety

4d. psychosis

5. Today, which of those symptoms do you have? a,b,and c on occasion

6. Today, how would you rate your overall degree of happiness 1. much less happy than as a JW 2. somewhat less happy 3. just as happy 4. somewhat more happy 5. much more happy.

• ShaunaC
    ShaunaC

1. your age 28

2. how long were you a Witness birth to 24

3. how long have you been out of the religion. 4 years

4a. depression Probably the last year or so of being a JW it came to a head.About 1 1/2 years after I got out I suffered sever depression in the way that every couple of weeks to a month I would lose myself in uncontrollable crying fits. After 6 months or so this subsided, without drugs or therapy, although I still feel the need for therapy.

4b. low self esteem Always to some degree, but became worse upon leaving. I think this is especially so for women who have been raised as a JW. I'm getting much better though!

4c. anxiety Not while a JW, but some after leaving when I had to make my own decisions for the first time in my life.

4d. psychosis

5. Today, which of those symptoms do you have? a,b,and c on occasion...see above for explanation.

6. Today, how would you rate your overall degree of happiness 1. much less happy than as a JW 2. somewhat less happy 3. just as happy 4. somewhat more happy 5. much more happy. Despite all I've had to leave behind (family), there is nothing greater than freedom!!! After 4 years, my loss of relationships w/ people I was once so close to leave me only sad for them. I no longer feel sadness for myself for that loss because I know I'm a better person and no longer want such self-righteous, judgemental people in my life. I have new family now! Blood means nothing!

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

1. your age: 23

2. how long were you a Witness: 19 yrs. baptized 7 yrs

3. how long have you been out of the religion: almost 4 yrs

4a. depression :yes

4b. low self esteem: not so much

4c. anxiety: Yep

4d. psychosis: not so much

5. Today, which of those symptoms do you have? rarely any

6. Today, how would you rate your overall degree of happiness 1. much less happy than as a JW 2. somewhat less happy 3. just as happy 4. somewhat more happy 5. much more happy:

120, beyond just much more happy...... the happiest I've ever been

• HappyHeathen
    HappyHeathen

Could you please take a few minutes to answer the following questions:

1. your age 51

2. how long were you a Witness 13 yrs

3. how long have you been out of the religion. 28 yrs

4a. depression yes

4b. low self esteem yes

4c. anxiety yes

4d. psychosis no

5. Today, which of those symptoms do you have? none over and above what most people experience (still an occasional bout)

6. Today, how would you rate your overall degree of happiness 1. much less happy than as a JW 2. somewhat less happy 3. just as happy 4. somewhat more happy 5. much more happy!!!!

• larc
    larc

So far, 47 people have filled out the survey. I don't think we will got 100, but even a dozen or so more would help. If you haven't done so, could you please take the survey? This weekend, I will put the numbers in a computer get and a number of statistics. Thanks for your help folks.

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

1. your age 44

2. how long were you a Witness Too long (Born to jw parents, 18 years "in" + another 10 years of being scared of earthquakes before I found Randy Watter's "Free Minds Journal." )

3. how long have you been out of the religion. REALLY out? Umm, about 16 years

4a. depression yes

4b. low self esteem Yes.. sob!

4c. anxiety YES! YES! YES!

4d. psychosis If you consider wanting to kill myself psychotic, then yes

5. Today, which of those symptoms do you have? Anxiety, especially when I think too hard about the past

6. Today, how would you rate your overall degree of happiness 1. much less happy than as a JW 2. somewhat less happy 3. just as happy 4. somewhat more happy 5. much more happy. 5

• Englishman
    Englishman

1. your age: 56

2. how long were you a Witness: 18years

3. how long have you been out of the religion: 30 years

4. which of the following symptoms did you experience as a witness:

4a. depression yes

4b. low self esteem No, I always knew I was too good for 'em!

4c. anxiety yes

4d. psychosis no

5. Today, which of those symptoms do you have? Can become anxious, but probably due to MVS.

6. Today, how would you rate your overall degree of happiness 1. much less happy than as a JW 2. somewhat less happy 3. just as happy 4. somewhat more happy 5. much more happy: 5
    Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit