Larc's weekend survey

by larc 80 Replies latest jw friends

• seven006
    seven006

Could you please take a few minutes to answer the following questions:

1. your age: Mentally about 16 physically 35 chronologically 47

2. how long were you a Witness: I was physically in the religion for 26 years. My head was in it for about 2 years.

3. how long have you been out of the religion: 18 years

4. which of the following symptoms did you experience as a witness.

4a. depression: Occasionally when I was restricted from sports, dating, sex, and after I married Satan's sister and never got sex.

4b. low self esteem: Only after I married Satan's sister and never got sex.

4c. anxiety: Only after going to bed with Satan's sister and still not getting sex.

4d. psychosis: No, never, why do you ask this question? Are you saying I'm nuts? What's your damn problem Larc, I'm not nuts you ass bite. Hold on a sec......................OK, the voices just told me to tell you to go to hell..............hold a sec again.............ya, hell, that's where they want you to go and they want you to pick up a six pack on your way down.

5. Today, which of those symptoms do you have?: Coughing, sneezing, stuffy head and that over all blah feeling. I partied with the voices last night and they all got really drunk. The voices are a bunch of lushes.

6. Today, how would you rate your overall degree of happiness 1. much less happy than as a JW 2. Somewhat less happy 3. just as happy 4. somewhat more happy 5. much more happy.:

I didn't know happiness the whole time I was a JW except for the time my son's were born. Now I have figured out what happiness is and I am trying to keep it in my life. One more year of child support and Satan's sister will be out of my life for good. Then I will be truly happy.

There Larc, I did your damn survey. Don't say I never did anything for you. You owe me one pal!

• butalbee
    butalbee

Funny post Seven

• Eric
    Eric

Could you please take a few minutes to answer the following questions:

1. your age: 42

2. how long were you a Witness: Born in. Gone at 16.

3. how long have you been out of the religion: 26 yrs.

4. which of the following symptoms did you experience as a witness:

4a. depression No.

4b. low self esteem No, I was an arrogant little twat. Is that a symptom of low self esteem?

4c. anxiety Specific, i.e.: anxious about my ministry school parts, not generalized anxiety.

4d. psychosis No.

5. Today, which of those symptoms do you have? None

6. Today, how would you rate your overall degree of happiness 1. much less happy than as a JW 2. somewhat less happy 3. just as happy 4. somewhat more happy 5. much more happy:

2. Somehat less happy. Hey, my life is pretty good, and I am really quite happy and satisfied with life. But I have to be honest: I was probably never happier than when I was a boy, "knowing" that I was on Jehovah's side on every issue and that all the world would soon be a paradise for ever and ever. My ignorance was indeed bliss, every question had a simple answer and I rather enjoyed being an arrogant little twat.

But compare my happiness quotient today with how I felt when I began to learn that it had all been lies, Well! It took my late teens and my twenties to sort through all that.

I hope to get at least a hundred replies so we can see the overall results.

Thanks.

• seven006
    seven006

Eric,

I don't know what part of the world you live in but I am just wondering if you meant to say "little twit" as opposed to "little twat". Here in the good old USA those two words sound similar but have two very different meanings. One means "a childish stupid person" and the other means something else. I was just curious.

Take care,

Dave

• Eric
    Eric

Dave,

Yep, in Canada, or at least parts of it, "arrogant little twat" would be directly related in usage to Monty Python's: "What a silly bunt" by the Man Who Couldn't Say "C".

Eric

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

1. your age 41

2. how long were you a Witness 22 years

3. how long have you been out of the religion. 1 year

4a. depression some/mild

4b. low self esteem YES

4c. anxiety YES

4d. psychosis NO

5. Today, which of those symptoms do you have? All much less than before, no longer take depression meds or anxiety meds.

6. Today, how would you rate your overall degree of happiness 1. much less happy than as a JW 2. somewhat less happy 3. just as happy 4. somewhat more happy 5. much more happy. 4

• seven006
    seven006

Eric,

Glad you cleared that up. It is very understandable that Canadians have a different meaning, after all, you call you money Loonies and Toonies. I was up around Sykama (sp?) BC this summer. It was incredible and I had a great time.

Take care,

Dave

• Valis
    Valis

1. your age

2. how long were you a Witness

3. how long have you been out of the religion.

um do the math..*LOL*

4a. depression after leaving

4b. low self esteem yes

4c. anxiety yes before and after

4d. psychosis no

5. Today, which of those symptoms do you have?

only my deep seated psychosis involving nipples...j/k

6. 5, much happier

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Edited by - Valis on 15 October 2002 13:40:38

• Mulan
    Mulan

1. your age 57

2. how long were you a Witness from age 4 to age 51

3. how long have you been out of the religion. since July 1997

4a. depression

4b. low self esteem

4c. anxiety

4d. psychosis

5. Today, which of those symptoms do you have? None

6. Today, how would you rate your overall degree of happiness 1. much less happy than as a JW 2. somewhat less happy 3. just as happy 4. somewhat more happy 5. much more happy.

• larc
    larc

Valis, you forgot question number 6.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit