"God by the Neck" short film

by wolfman85 19 Replies latest forum links

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

Now you can see the full short movie online. Storyline: It’s Sunday, and Pablo, 8 years old, has an invitation to a very special but also forbidden birthday party. It’s Sunday, and for the first time, Pablo is going on a door-to-door preaching with his mother. It’s Sunday, and behind each door there is a challenge, a test, a surprise. It’s Sunday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWlRKCuXj-g

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Thank you for sharing!

It's a shame what we put our children through raising them in such a controlling religion.

This video brought back memories of my now 20 year old coming to me in tears when he was in kindergarten because his teacher asked him when his birthday was. He was so scared he would be disappointing Jehovah and of course us if he told her his birthday :(

I have sat down each of my kids a apologized for robbing them of a normal childhood. I hope they get to live it through own children someday.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Thank you for this link WOLFMAN.

It's movie night tonight and I'm making this the opening short film!

Looks good.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Wow, watched it with my wife. Very powerful, thinking about how kids at affected. It was very well done. I loved how small the kid looks when the doors open, as it shows how intimidating that aspect must be for them. I remember going through much of that as a kid, but haven't really revisited it as an adult and looked at it anew. Thanks for posting it.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Wow. Very accurate and a frightening reminder of what JW childhood was like.
  • Stuck in the middle37
    Stuck in the middle37
    I had almost the same experience many yrs. ago, while in high school.They had a program then of going out in service an hour before book study .One evening I ran into a big party of kids from high school, they thought I had come to the party. I don't know what I said or how I got away from the door but it was a bad experience .We were living in a small town in central California then, I knew it going to happen sooner or later.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Couldn't watch past the 3:30 mark. Brought up too many bad memories.
  • wifibandit
    wifibandit

Too close to home for me. WOW. That hit me hard.

Thank you for sharing. I want to show THIS on the projector at my next Reunion!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Damn that was really, really sad.

We need to spread this everywhere.

• sillygirlforgotpassword

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit