Damn.....totally not diggin this....

by brandnew 22 Replies latest jw friends

• brandnew
    brandnew

Ok, im gonna try makin this as short as i can, cuz im still pissed.

My father is elderly, needs me to drive him to meetings. It takes 30 minutes to drive there, so i stay for the meeting, i dress in slacks and a nice shirt ..in respect for pops. Going back home , would be pissing in the wind.....i would just have to turn around 20 minutes after getting there.

Well elders asked me to the back room, and said im doing a good job taking care of my father, and that it looks like im well on my way to getting reinstated soon....WTF???

I know that they need a letter from me saying i want back in, so they're not getting one. One question..Can they still reinstate, without me asking? Help me out y'all ....please.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

"Look how good he is to his father! We need that guy in the cong, he will take a big load off of us!"

Marina

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri
    Tell them, " Don't worry about it. I will tell you when I think I am ready."
  • pepperheart
    pepperheart
    could you go for a coffee some where during the meeting ?
  • LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Haha that is funny. Leave it to them to ASSume that you want back into their little social club.

No, they cant reinstate you unless you write a letter and then meet with them. Next time he says something about it ask him where the Prodigal Son writes his letter for reinstatement. That should let him know the wavelength you are on.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    With all due respect it just amazes me people who can do this. I would much rather do 2 trips back and forth than have to sit in that KH. With knowing what you know it just must do your head in. Ok I understand you driving your father to the hall, out of respect for him is one thing, but sitting through the nonsense is quite another.
  • brandnew
    brandnew

Thanks everyone....hey lost generation....thanks. i needed that reassurance....i wasnt too sure.....cuz its like they have this weird thought that i want back....and its totally the other way around.

And yes, meetings are sickening.....im usually on this site, or jwsurvey.....while at the meeting....it helps.

And sometimes my dad wants to come home early....so i wouldnt want him there longer than he wants to be there...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    You are such a good son (or daughter). No, they cannot force a reinstatement on you. They are just trying to get you to request one. If it were me, I would tell Pops he's got to text you if he's ready to leave early and I would go to Starbucks or run errands.
  • rebel8
    rebel8

Well to each his own, but I personally couldn't stomach helping someone participate in that dangerous, abusive cult. Worse than buying an alcoholic his 6-pack, in my opinion.

In terms of your reinstatement, they can do whatever they want. So if you want to influence their decision, do visible things that would make you ineligible. Wear a cross or something.

• brandnew
    brandnew

Thanks OTWO.. pops has always been good to me....

And i kinda want to be around him when the elders are near......they already got him for who knows how much cash, and a few acres of land...........all bad....happened when i wasnt around.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit