What show scared you as a kid?

by Been there 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Shakita
    Shakita

"Hell House"....I think that was the title. One scene was when a woman was lying in bed with her arm hanging over the bed, with a friend in the bed next to her. It is dark and in the house they can hear something running up and down the hallway banging on doors. The woman feels her friend start to hold her hand, because the woman thinks she is afraid. She tells her friends, not to squeeze her hand to hard. The friend says that she is not holding her hand!!!!!!!!! After seeing that movie, I slept with my hands under the covers! Till this day that movie still haunts me!

Mrs. Shakita

• Robdar
    Robdar

Wow, thanks for the trip down memory lane.

I have so missed the "Paradise Lost" book's illustrations of Armageddon.

The thing that always upset me about the pictures was the poor dog that fell into the crevasse with all the evil, worldly people. It caused me many a sleepless night.

I was a lonely child growing up, as most JW children are. My pets were the only friends I had. I thought that if I wasn't obedient to Jehovah, he would not only kill me but would kill my innocent, little friends too.

Thank you for the nightmares, WTS. Is there any wonder why I no longer love you?

Edited by - robdar on 11 October 2002 9:30:27

• Matty
    Matty

Dr Who used to scare the living crap out of me when I was little. Lost in Space was scary too! Now I see the re-runs on the tv, the special effects were so cheap, the sets were so shoddy, I can't imagine the present, more sophisticated generation of children doing much else but laugh at those shows. I doubt if anything in them would make them want to hide behind the sofa like I did!

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

Plm, I sure hated John Cassavetes after that (he played Rosemary's husband). What a sleezebag.

Will, that is another one of my favorites, the art museum one. It was such a agonizingly gross dying Jesus, too!

• Swan
    Swan

Plum!

It's not funny! I was scared to death of that giant. It was a horrible thing to endure as a child. My mother always had to serve Libby's at the dinner table from then on.

Tammy

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

sorry swan.........sniker sniker

I probably would have told you I went out and hunted down that green giant and stomped him and he wont be coming anywhere near our house. Then you wouldn't be scared anymore.

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

Dr Who and the Daleks scared me silly back in the Sixties,I was about 7 when the series started,to this day,I still get a tingle when I hear a Daleks voice,silly isnt it.

Cheers,

Rich.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Just for the record.........I loved Dr Who!..Used to watch it with my Dad in the late 80's.

Course..I wasn't a little kid!

Golden Girl....

• d
    d

Ren and Stimpy.That show should not have even been put on tv.The creator of the show was eventually fired because the content was not appropiate for children.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9pToHSFdwk

Even thou I was terrified I watched every episode at 11pm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit